Ink Stains (Jack Kelly)

A/N: Drabble where reader/writer has ink on her face and Jack notices. Cute fluffy piece. Might be kinda cringey because this is my first one with the boys. More with other boys coming soon!!! You can imagine Jack as Jeremy, Christian, Corey, Dan....etc. Whoever you want. :) Big time flirty!Jack and big time shy!Reader/Writer/Y/N

Climbing up the fire escape has never been more exhausting.

It's a hot day in July and I'm so tired I feel like I could collapse at any second. It's been a long day of selling papes and I just want to hang out with Jack and then go to bed.

I finish climbing up the fire escape and wipe the back of my hand across my forehead as I walk onto the rooftop.

Jack sits off in a corner, scribbling away with a pencil on an old newspaper. His eyes flick up to me when he hears me enter.

Crutchie, who is sitting on his mat down on the roof with his leg stretched out, is in the middle of some elaborate story when he spots me as well.

"Hey, Y/N," Jack calls out during a break of Crutchie's story and Crutchie looks up mid story.

"Y/N!" he says, "How ya doin'? I was just tellin' Jack this story and you oughta come listen." I smile at Crutchie.

"I'm kinda tired but doin' okay other than that," I answer, and then I notice Jack staring at me with a teasing smirk gracing his lips. "What?!" I ask.

Jack's smirk doesn't go away. He shrugs and goes back to his drawing.

"Jack, what's wrong?" I ask, stepping closer to him. He and Crutchie exchange looks. I cross my arms, feeling slightly exasperated with the two of them. He sends a small smirk in my direction and starts doodling on the newspaper. I sigh in a frustrated manner and go to walk away.

"Wait! Don't move," Jack calls out, waving the hand that's not holding the newspaper to try and get my attention, "Just stand right there and look at me."

"Jack, why won't you just tell me what's wrong?!" I demand, starting to get impatient with him.

"Cause this is more fun," Jack answers honestly as he continues his doodling. Crutchie just sits there and watches the whole ordeal.

"Jack, can I just tell her?" Crutchie asks, "She'll probably be happier if I do." Jack shoots a small scowl in Crutchie's direction.

"Where'd the fun in that be?" he asks, glancing up at me again, rubbing at his drawing with his fingers. His eyes linger on me a bit longer than any ordinary friend's would. A few second later, he finishes the drawing and holds it out in my direction. I walk over and take it from him.

A portrait of me looks back at me.

With one ink stain in a swipe across my forehead.

"Jack! Why didn't you tell me I had ink on my forehead?" I ask moodily, "I didn't know..."

"What? I think it's cute!" Jack exclaims, "Ink looks good on you."

"Ink just sticks out," I say, "And we both know how I feel about sticking out." Jack gets up and steps closer to me.

"So ya sayin' I stick out to ya?" he asks me, reaching for my free ink splotched hand. I bite my lip as a blush rises to my cheeks. He got me good.

This boy, what am I going to do with him?

"Well...I ummm...." I stutter, trying to make my brain come up with the right words and placing my hands down in front of me shyly.