One More Trick Up My Sleeve

Yo, AhtibatCodnob1314! This one is for you! You sent me a request in January and here I am in April (or May when this actually comes out) getting around to it. So sorry about the long wait. I hope you enjoy it!! Violence warning for those of who you don't like gang activity. This imagine is going to have some gang like violence in it.

Queens was not for the faint of heart. Tabitha Bondoc knew that better than anyone. She was not one to be messed with. Being the leader of Queens and having grown up in the circus, Tabitha was athletic and not afraid to use her tough personality and athleticism to help her escape difficult situations. Her circus background gave her a nickname that could only apply to her...Tricks. She was a legend on the streets. Tricks gave Queens the tough reputation it had and every Newsie in New York knew that if their borough was at odds with Queens to stay far far away. One thing that mystifies every Newsie of New York to this day is how the Queens Newsies know when an enemy is on their turf. There was only one borough that held Newsies tougher than Queens and that was Brooklyn.

Our story begins with the leader of Brooklyn himself. The one and only Spot Conlon sits atop his stack of crates on the docks as he usually does. His Newsie cap tipped low and his eyes shielded from the bright afternoon sun. He is only disturbed from his tranquil gazing out over Brooklyn by the voice of another Newsie.

"SPOT!" It was more of a shout. To Spot, it is a thunderclap. One of his highly ranked Newsies named Pokes stands on the dock, holding a beaten and bruised younger Newsie.

"What happened? What'd he do? Did he go mess with something he shouldn't have?" Spot begins to interrogate his fellow Newsie.

"It wasn't somethin, Spot. It was someone," Pokes replies and Spot grows irritated.

"Well, who was it? Nobody messes with my Newsies and gets away it with it," Spot rants and Pokes gives his leader a solemn look.

"Queens got im, Spot," Pokes says quietly and Spot closes his mouth mid-threat.

"Oh. Well, I's sure they can be reasoned with. I know we'se ain't on good terms, but this is too far. I'm going to Queens and you're coming with me!" Spot commands and Pokes shifts from foot to foot uncomfortably.

"You sure that's a good idea, Spot? What if they sic the boys on us?" Pokes asks quietly.

"You'se coming with me whether you like it or not!" Spot concludes being insensitive to his second in command's feelings, "Nobody messes with my Newsies or my city and gets away with it!"

"Whatever you say, Spot," Pokes agrees nervously.

Over In Queens

"Tricks! Tricks!" A voice shouts and Tricks turns around to see Darts, one of her birds or spies, sprinting up to her, "A kid came over from enemy turf."

"Brooklyn? Who does the amazing King of Brooklyn think he is?" Tricks says sarcastically. Darts runs his fingers through his hair nervously.

"We did a good number on him. He won't be sellin for a week or two," Darts informs Tricks. Tricks shakes her head in disbelief.

"I know I told you to be territorial, but that's a little extreme," She says, "Last thing I need is Conlon over here yelling at me about a turf war." Darts sinks in his head in disappointment. Tricks gently wraps an arm around the young teen's shoulders, "Hey. I'm not saying it's your fault, because it not. Oso should have been a better leader."

"Are you sure?" Darts asks and Tricks nods.

"Yeah, we'se can look tough, but if it means war, then we'se gotta be more careful." Darts slides out of Tricks' grip and the athletic leader of Queens swings herself up onto a fire escape.