Helplessly in Love

Hey all!! This one is the first of the #GirlsiesUnite imagines. I will also post this in the #GirlsiesUnite official book. This is dedicated to LizzyKelly1899. Sorry it took so long for me to do this. I do not own the song "Helpless" from Hamilton or any of the Hamilton characters. I also don't own anything else I reference or any other songs I mention. I'm going to try to keep these somewhat concise and try not to throw too much extra plot in there (Unless you didn't request for one, then yeah we'll see how long it becomes. I'm usually pretty good at keeping these shortish... and by that I mean 3000 words, which really isn't short. Just don't think about what my English essays look like and we'll be great!!) but, we'll see how that goes. I just love to write. Also, this is a Modern AU. Anyways, without further ado...

It has been two years. Two beautiful years since Crutchie first asked LIzzy out on a date. Two years since they became a couple. And now, Crutchie knew it was time to move forward. He could have asked her a year ago and he almost did but something held him back...until now. Crutchie bought the engagement ring in his pocket a year ago and now he was finally going to use it. He is finally going to propose to the girl that he loves. 

Later that night as they are on a date, Crutchie pulls LIzzy off to the side on the Brooklyn Bridge. 

"Lizzy, listen, we've been together for awhile now and so, since we've been together for two years now, I have something to ask you....Will you make two years with me something that lasts forever?" Crutchie asks, trying his best that he can to kneel with his crutch supporting him. Lizzy lets out a small gasp. 

"Are you....?" she asks slowly. 

"Yes, I am. Elizabeth Kelly, will you marry me?" Crutchie asks. Lizzy feels tears of joy begin to roll down her cheeks as she throws her arms around Crutchie. 

"Of course. I'll make two years last forever as long as it means I get to be with you," Lizzy replies and Crutchie cuts her off by pulling her into a kiss. Lizzy kisses him back, smiling as she does. The two continue hugging, knowing that they have a bright future ahead of them together. 

Seven months full of wedding preparations, a variety of emotions from everyone involved with the wedding prep and the excitement of having a wedding with the Newsies, pass by quickly. Lizzy and Crutchie spend most of it with each other and getting ready for their new life together. 

Finally, the wedding day arrives. Lizzy, dressed in a gorgeous white gown, looks absolutely stunning as she stands in the front of the doors to the sanctuary. Jack stands next to her to walk her down the aisle and be the father like figure to give her to Crutchie.

"Are you ready for this?" he asks her.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she responds. The doors open and Lizzy takes her brother's arm. She smiles at her bridesmaids, her fellow Girlsies, as they stand up at the front of the stage. Slowly, Lizzy walks down the aisle with Jack, beaming at Crutchie the whole way there. When she reaches him, Crutchie takes his hand in her own and the pastor begins to officiate the wedding. Lizzy beams at him the whole time the pastor is talking and says, 

"I do." when she is prompted to. Lizzy continues to gaze at Crutchie, completely lost in her thoughts. 

"You may now kiss the bride," the minister calls out, pulling Lizzy out of her thoughts. Lizzy smiles as Crutchie's lips meet her own. He kisses her passionately and a fair amount of cheering rises from the Newsies' seating area. The two walk back down the aisle hand in hand looking at each other as if there was nothing wrong in the world. Today was their day and they were going to do with it whatever they pleased.

A couple of hours later, the reception is in full swing.

Bumlets, Mike and Ike announce Crutchie and Lizzy as they enter. Both of them are beaming as the applause roars at their announcement. Crutchie and Lizzy are enjoying talking with all of the different guests and the Newsies are getting into all kinds of mischief simply because it's who they are. Davey is trying to pull Les away from the cake for the umpteenth time.