Chapter 16: R.I.P. Krel's face

You shake your head

You shake your head.

Aja. 

You check the time. Six twenty-five. 

Wow, talk about short notice. You head upstairs for a quick shower, then pull on some clothes. 

                                             ............................................................... 

The sun is just on the edge of the horizon as you skidded (skid? Idk xD) your bike to a stop. There was no sign of the blonde girl, so you lock it up, and sit down on one of the benches.

You hear the crunch of gravel and turned your head. To your surprise, it isn't Aja, but Krel, who you see.

You tilt your head.

"Krel?"

He looks just as confused as you.

"(Y/n)? Why are you here?"

His eyes widen slightly.

"Uh, not that it's not nice to see you, I was just wondering why we happened to be in the same location at this time?"

"Because, the chances of this meeting being a coincidence are infintesimal-"

You furrow your brow.

"Aja told me to-"

Your narrow your eyes.

"Aja."

Realization dawns on Krel's tan face.

You cringe.

"Very cliché."

Krel chuckles nervously.

"Hah, yeah."

You turn to look at the sky.

"It is a nice night though."

You sit back down on the bench, and shrug, smiling.

"Couldn't hurt to just chill for a while, right? We're already here, and I don't want to have biked all the way over here for nothing."

As you stare out into the sunset, the boy behind you was having an internal dilemma.

                                          ..............................................................

                  What was he doing?

                   He should be at home, working on the Mothership.

He found himself walking towards the bench.

                  Stop.

He sat down.