Chapter 22: Answers

The bright search light you where used to driving through once a month flashes past you, barely missing your dark form as you dart out of the tree line.

You flap quickly over the large concrete walls that loom over you on every visit and descend carefully into the familiar surroundings.

There's the cafeteria, you note as you sneak past a squad of the Colonel's men.

And the lab they take you to before you go to train with the Colonel every month.

But you're looking for a very specific building...

One you've never been in...

Ah.

There it is.

Looking left and right, you try the window at the back, and find it unlocked.

You find yourself in a large darkened room, filled with shelves upon shelves of manila files, all labeled 'classified', 'top secret' and 'for licensed official's eyes only', and stored alphabetically.

Your (e/c) eyes scan the letters, and they stop at the (first letter of your name) section.

It has to be there.

You race over and start digging through.

Nothing.

You pull yourself up, refusing to believe this was a waste of time, and check the sections of your parent's names.

Absolutely nothing.

Brow furrowed in anger, you drag your claws across the floor, leaving deep scratches in the concrete.

"Tsk.", a woman's familiar voice chuckles from behind.

You spin, and the sight you see turns your bright yellow eyes back to blue as they widen.

Kubritz stands in the doorway, three folders in her left hand.

"Looking for these, (Y/n)?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mini chapter cus I was supposed to put this in the chapter before -_-

I am le big dumb-

Anyways, thank you for reading!

Cya-

~Rio