Chapter 30: The Eternal Knight Part 1: Best Laid Plans

---------

ARRRGH! ran up to the group.

"Where's Merlin?"

"In trouble."

"Morgana.", the troll panted, pointing towards the spiraling cloud.

---------

A high pitched, sinister laughter echoes around you, reverbing off the stone walls of the museum.

"But... Merlin's plan-", Blinky questions, terrified, voice cracking.

"Not work."

"Indeed!"

The laughter grows more maniacal as a shape begins to emerge from the smoke.

Covered in gold, emerald-coloured cape flowing, Morgana appears.

Her bright green eyes are filled with anger and anticipation, like a child opening a present on Christmas day, but more sinister.

"Do not despair, weak ones, your lives will soon be over.", she says, a laugh in her tone.

Her cape flutters behind her as she floats down, palms swirling with energy.

"She's... beautiful...", Toby whispers to himself.

Claire glares at him.

He isn't wrong.

"But uh, totally evil! Yeah, we have to stop her!"

Blinky recoils as Morgana draws closer.

"Without Merlin, how can we?"

The wizard's name causes a small change in her face. 

It's minute, but you can tell she really hates him.

She swipes Gunmar's remains away casually.

"Merlin's champion, I have so looked forward to meeting you."

Her hands draw together in front of her armour-plated chest.

"And then killing you."

As those words lave her lips, her eyes flicker over to you, and then with a single motion, she sends everyone else flying to the side just as easily as she did the rubble.

Golden, fiery chains of energy wrap around you and Jim.

She draws you closer.

"Good evening."

"And goodnight.", she said, a small chuckle in her voice, throwing you two across town.

You try and catch Jim as you hurtle through the air, but he slips from your grasp and you crash to the ground.

As you stand, the witch arrives, and begins to throw rubble at you and Jim.

"Jeez lady, what'd we ever do to you?", your friend questions angrily, narrowly dodging a chunk of tarmac.

"Well let's see..."

"We have the wielder of the amulet that Merlin took my hand to make!", she yells, launching another at him.

"And we have the daughter of the creature that betrayed me, his creator, for those who hated him!"

You duck under a bolt of magic, then pause.

"What... are you talking about?"

"Oh, did no one tell you?"

"Your father was a changeling, child, and one of the Merlin's Chosen. He betrayed me, and his kind, for those who wished he did not exist. And his thanks for his sacrifice,", she chuckles sinisterly, seeing your shocked face.

"Was to be wiped from history, and forgotten forever."

"How does that make you feel?"

-----------------------------------

.

..

...

....

Well, see you in the next chapter!