Chapter 12

Angela's POV

When I woke up I felt normal.

What happened?

Then it hit me. All at once. Loki's head. That thing grabbing my arm. My arm burning so much it turned black.

Looking down at my arm I saw that it was wrapped up in white bandaging. I swung my legs over the edge of my bed and tried to stand. After I was stable without holding onto the bed I walked to my closet to change since I was still in my workout clothes from yesterday.

I think it was yesterday.

After throwing on sweatpants, my favorite T-Shirt and sneakers I headed out the door and down to the elevator. My hair was in a messy bun by the time the doors opened on the top floor. Dad, Tony, Thor, and Loki were already there. But what I found odd was Loki was the one drinking, not Tony, who usually "needs" his morning drink.

They spoke in hushed voices around the bar. Tony saw me and spoke up.

"Hey kiddo."

Everyone fell silent and turned to look at me. Everyone except Loki.

"Morning." I replied, trying to get Loki to look at me.

I was unsuccessful. His eyes remain firmly on the golden liquid in his glass.

"More like afternoon. It's 1 o'clock." Dad pointed towards the clock that hung above the bar.

I let out a low whistle.

"How long was I out?" I questioned as I made my way to stand behind the bar by Tony.

"Just the night and most of the morning."

"All of the morning." Tony felt the need to point out, earning a look from me.

"Gosh. Where would I be without you?" I made the sarcasm noticeable in my voice.

"Probably in an alley. Or a sub station. Yeah, a sub station definetly." He replied with the same amount of sarcasm.

"Anyway," I rolled my eyes dramatically before asking what was really on my mind. "Who was that guy?"

There was the telltale clink of glass on countertop and footsteps retreating. Loki had finished his drink and was already opening the door to the stairs.

"Loki?" I tired to get him back but he ignored me and kept walking.

Something turned in my stomach as the door slammed shut behind him. With confused eyes and my mouth open slightly, I turned to the men around me.

"Was it something I said?"

"No," Thor tried, then though for a moment. "Well, yes. It was the question of who the...person...you saw in my brother's head. That was Loki's father. His birth father, Laufey. He was a Frost Giant."

"Was?" I caught.

"Loki killed Laufey when he made it into Odin's chambers while my father was in the Odinsleep. But-"

"He still haunts him," I realized. "Laufey is tucked away in Loki's head. Taunting him."

Thor nodded grimly.

"I have tried to speak to him but he always rejects me and disappears. Loki thinks it is his fault for what happened."

"It was not his fault, it's mine. I should never have gone in his head," I slumped in the stool that Loki had previously occupied, my hand fiddling with the glass he left behind. "I just wanted to help."

"Help? How?" Dad asked.

"There something inside him. Actually that's the problem there's something lost in him. If that makes sense. He's lost something but I can't figure it out. I thought that if I could only get in his head and have a look around then I could find out. Now. Now I feel terrible for bringing this up."