Chapter 16

Brilliant and beautiful.

Those are the only words that came to my mind when I enter the ballroom with my dad.

Streamers of silver were hanging from above, twisted so they looked graceful and elegant. They started in the center of the ceiling, a chandelier hung among them. The same shade of silver popped up here and there throughout the room, matching the main piece nicely.

Silver was in the table centerpieces, on the walls and even on the stage. Tony decorated it so it wasn't too much or too less. It was just the right amount.

"There she is!" a voice chimed from ahead of me.

Tony was walking towards us, in his tux, with his arms held out at his sides.

"The birthday girl."

I released my dad's arm and walked into Tony's opened ones, giving him a tight hug.

"This is gorgeous." I said before he let me go.

"You like it?" Tony's face was plastered with a mega-watt smile.

"Definitely. If the whole genius thing ever fails then you could plan parties for a living." I smiled, taking in the room once more. My eyes wouldn't keep to themselves.

"Glad to hear it. Everybody is just about here then we'll get this thing started," Tony explained, taking my arm while dad took the other. "Let's find the others."

After we searched half of the room we found the gang at a table, talking and laughing.

"Guess who I found." Tony gestured towards me. "The Banners!"

They looked up to greet us, all smiling. Pepper let out an excited squeal when she saw me. She immediately rushed to me and took my hands in hers.

"You look great!" she smiled brightly.

Gotta love Pepper.

"So do you. Wow! I didn't think it was possible but you look even more beautiful." I returned her smile.

Tony stole Pepper from me after she thanked me, allowing me to mingle with the rest of the group. Fifteen minutes later Tony took the stage, microphone in hand.

"Good evening, everyone. Usually this is the part where a normal host would introduce themselves but in this case," Tony brought the microphone closer to his mouth and made his voice lower. "You know who I am."

People laughed and clapped at Tony Stark being Tony Stark.

"Welcome to Angie's 21st birthday party. Now, I'd like to tell you a bit about our little Angela," Tony began walking around the stage, like he owned it, which he more than likely did. "The first time I met her she didn't say a word, now I can't get her to shut up."

People laughed and the ones around me looked at me for my reaction. My face face was hidden in my hands as I smiled.

"She's a firecracker, that one. She'll put you in your place the moment you cross the line. She can beat you in a fight anytime, anywhere. And, boy, is she stubborn. But most of all," I waited for the next thing nervously. "She has the best heart I've ever seen in a person. Especially after all the crap she's been through. She's an eternal optimist. She can't help but she the bright side of the situation, no matter what pessimist crosses her path."

Tony found me in the crowd. My hands were no longer covering my face, they were wiping tears away as I listened to his speech.

"So, Angie, let me leave you with these words," he paused for dramatic effect. "Your dad owes me 10 bucks because I made you cry."