💜Lady and the Tramp💙

It was a quiet day. Tonio's was completely empty, not counting the two rambunctious teens waiting for food to arrive at their table in the corner. It was too late for lunch, too early for dinner, but Okuyasu and Josuke had decided to stop into the restaurant for a quick bite after school. Okuyasu was kicked right out, his chair balanced on two legs as he rocked. He had less than a care in the world as he made some strange attempt at conversation with Josuke.

"And 'cause people eat meat," he continued, "That's why I think human flesh would taste bad! Think about it!"

"I think I heard this somewhere before," Josuke replied, his head propped up on his hands.

"Ehh?"

"Don't worry about it. I think it's a great theory, Okuyasu."

Satisfied by the compliment, Okuyasu leaned forward in his chair to have it knock back to the ground. He wanted to make sure Josuke could see his toothy grin. It wasn't often he felt smart, after all. At that moment, Tonio returned from the kitchen with a pasta dish. "Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca", they recognized from last time.

"Here you are, sirs. I apologize for the wait. I have toned down the spiciness this time, as of your request, Okuyasu."

"Yesss!" he grinned, "I didn't even eat it yet, but it's so good!"

"You better share with me this time," Josuke said through a smirk.

"Maybe," He stuck out his tongue. Wasting no more time, he grabbed his utensils and messily twisted up a forkful of spaghetti. Tonio watched expectantly, with that usual coy grin of his.

"I expect that everything is satisfactory?"

Okuyasu smiled with his eyes since his mouth was full. Quickly finishing his bite, he nodded overenthusiastically. "Totally! Yer the man, Tonio! Yer the man, right?"

Tonio paused for a minute, and then tilted his head with closed eyes like a happy cat. "Perhaps," he finally answered. And with that, he went back to the kitchen.

His eyes were fixed on Tonio until he was out of sight, perhaps forgetting about the meal in front of him. But once the Italian had disappeared behind the kitchen door once again, Okuyasu was reminded of the task at hand. He wolfed down his pasta mouthfuls at a time, not minding the slightly concerned look Josuke was giving him.

"You always get yours before me," Josuke noted.

"I dunno. This food's s'posed to heal ya, right? 'Guess I just got more stuff wrong with me," the other shrugged.

"No way, man. I probably got way more messed up than you, at least my Crazy Diamond can heal you! I got scars you can't even see."

"Wait, did ya get a new one? I think even I can count all of them at this point. Got one on your knee, one on your shoulder next to that lil star thingy, and that real cute one on your lip-"

Josuke's eyes went wide and he looked away. "Jeez, I didn't think you could be smooth like that, Oku," he muttered, though the look on his face made it clear Okuyasu had caught him off guard.

"I can be smart sometimes!" he pushed back playfully. With that, he returned to his spaghetti. He ate more slowly this time, perhaps waiting for Josuke's dish to arrive before he finished. Josuke watched intently at the other boy's plate. There was still quite a bit left, considering how average Tonio's serving sizes were. Josuke leaned his face into one hand and used the other to poke at the table cloth.

"You think Tonio heals you better than me?" he asked with just a hint of uncertainty in his voice.

Okuyasu had to think for a moment, which he doesn't usually do. Breaking from his pasta, he tapped his chin puzzledly. "Mm... I dunno. I like the snacks here. Maybe you'd win me over if ya gave me a lil reward every time ya fixed me up with Crazy D."