💜 Bro Night 💙

Josuke would've never imagined what would change between him and Okuyasu during their night together. He would've never seen it coming.

Okuyasu had asked to hang out at Josuke's house that night since it had been some time since they just hung out together like normal friends. Josuke had mentioned to Okuyasu and Koichi that his mom was gonna be out with some of her friends that night and he was going to be alone, and Okuyasu's face lit up.

"Dude, we should totally have a bro night," he exclaimed, his smile practically reaching ear to ear. "Like just a hangout! Just us three dudes chilling!"

Koichi looked down, scratching the back of his neck. "That sounds awesome, but unfortunately I'll have to decline. I kinda promised Yukako that I would hang out with her tonight. Sorry."

Okuyasu's smile turned into a frown. "Dude, that girlfriend of yours is seriously possessive, don't you guys always hang out?"

Koichi chuckled softly. "Actually, it's been a while since we really hung out together. We haven't had a solid date night in a few weeks, and we kinda had this planned for a while. But if you two just wanna hang, I really don't mind!"

Josuke looked down at his smaller friend, a little bit of concern in his eyes. "You sure, Ko? We can totally reschedule," Okuyasu nodded at the end of Josuke's statement, his eyes darting between the two of them. Koichi shook his head. "Nah, seriously guys, you have fun. Josuke and I have had our fair share of hangouts, you deserve some time with him, Okuyasu." Koichi eyed Josuke, and Josuke's breath hitched in his throat.

Yes, they did have some alone time together, but much of it was spent on Josuke ranting about his obvious crush on Okuyasu. It had started small, with a feeling that Josuke didn't quite understand at first. But then it grew, and the more they hung out, the more he thought about him. The way he smiled, the way his laugh rang in the air, a genuine ring, the cute way he looked when he was confused, his strong arms when they rested on his shoulder...

'Dude, it's so obvious you like him,' Koichi had told him many times. Josuke was starting to think that it was true. And he was realizing what Koichi was doing when he said he was busy that night.

Busy, he thought. Busy my ass.

"We will miss you, brave soldier," Okuyasu jokingly saluted at Koichi. The white haired boy chuckled as he shook his head, Okuyasu continuing his speech. "Good luck with the horrors that await your date night."

Koichi smiled and made a small salute at Okuyasu. Josuke looked away, covering his face with his hand to make it look like he was laughing with Okuyasu, when he was actually covering the blush creeping across his cheeks.

Well that's just great, he thought to himself, unsure how he'd have to face the fact that he and Okuyasu were going to hang out tonight. Just the two of them. Alone.

"Well then, hope you guys have fun tonight! I'll see you on Monday!" Koichi waved and turned around, not before sneaking Josuke a sly wink and a smirk, walking away from them. Josuke's slight anger turned into light excitement, not fully ready but also happy for the night to come.

On the walk home, Okuyasu made the decision to stop by the grocers to pick up some snacks and drinks. They bought bags of popcorn, chips, sour candy, and sodas. A teenage boy's dream meal. They carried their bags of junk food through Josuke's front door, passing by the kitchen heading for the living room.

"Hi Josuke!" The boys heard Tomoko's voice emerge from the kitchen. She peeked her head out of the door and took notice of the extra teenager standing in her hall, as well as the handfuls of bags they were both carrying. Josuke gave her an apologetic smile, and Tomoko sighed. "At least you won't be alone tonight," she groaned, walking back into the kitchen. "Jotaro won't be here tonight, he's out on some kind of business he won't tell me about. He's so shady, that man."