thirty-eight.

CELESTIAL | 30
"I AM SO OVER THIS LOVE TRIANGLE"
THERE'S A PLACE WHERE LOST THINGS GO

CELESTIAL | 30"I AM SO OVER THIS LOVE TRIANGLE"THERE'S A PLACE WHERE LOST THINGS GO

NATALIE SAT OUTSIDE THE SALVATORE HOUSE, watching them. Their schedule was surprisingly like clockwork, Elena would leave early in the morning for whatever shift she had at the hospital. About an hour later, Damon would drop Stefanie off at school before returning home to do absolutely nothing. He'd then go to pick up Stefanie and Elena would return late at night.

Sure, Damon and Elena were family, but she didn't understand why they were. Because of Damon, her grandmother had become a vampire. Because of Elena, Bonnie had lost years with her mother. It was their fault Bonnie had suffered during her teen years and Natalie decided that it was their turn to suffer.

She parked her car in front of the Salvatore home. They didn't have neighbors, which would make what Natalie was about to do so much easier. She approached the front door and knocked. While waiting for someone to answer, she heard a gun cock behind her, and a smile came on her lips.

"Damon," Natalie said as she turned to face him. There was a shotgun inches from her face and Natalie raised an eyebrow at the sight.

"Word on the street is that you turned your humanity off," Damon states. Natalie can hear the rapid beating of his heart and knows that he's nervous, in fact, she would go as far as to say that Damon is terrified.

"You're scared," Natalie states, and she has to complement Damon, because he managed to keep his face stoic, not giving anything away. It was a shame that everything else was giving him away.

"I don't want to shoot you, kid," Damon tells her.

"Dad?" Stefanie's voice cries out and Damon's eyes dart over Natalie's shoulder at his daughter. The eleven-year-old was standing in the front door of their home, her eyes wide. Natalie notes that he's distracted and punches Damon in the face, taking the gun from him.

Damon stumbles backward, holding his nose in pain as he looked at Stefanie, "Go inside!"

"No," Natalie says, "Stay, Stef. I want you to see something."

"Stefanie," Damon says firmly.

Natalie kneels before Damon, looking him in the eyes. Knowing Damon and Elena, they would probably be on vervain. However, ever since they had Stefanie, their use of the plant had lessened, and they felt that they were at a point where they didn't worry about a supernatural threat.

"Tell her to stay," Natalie compels him.

"Stefanie, stay where you are," Damon mutters and Natalie smiles as she looks up at Stefanie, who now had tears falling from her eyes.

"Natalie, what's going on?" Stefanie asks her.

"Justice," Natalie informs her, as she steps past Damon. He makes a weak attempt to stop her from getting closer to Stefanie, but Natalie kicks him in the face, causing him to fall to the ground.