five.

CELESTIAL | 4.1
"THE MOTHER OF ALL HICKEYS"
HOPE IS NOT THE GOAL

NATALIE KEPT HER eyes closed, trying to focus on the task at hand, but it was extremely hard when she was holding Josie's hands in her own

NATALIE KEPT HER eyes closed, trying to focus on the task at hand, but it was extremely hard when she was holding Josie's hands in her own. She had never known how soft they were until this very important moment.

She opened a single eye and looked at the girl sitting across from her. Josie's long brown hair flowed down her shoulders and curled a little just towards the ends. There was a serene look on Josie's face as she concentrated, it was cute.

Natalie's eyes grew wide. There was no way that she had a crush on Josie. Nope, she refused to believe it. She and Josie hadn't been around each other constantly, that was why she was feeling this way. It certainly wasn't because of a crush.

"I can feel you looking at me," Josie said softly, startling Natalie from her thoughts. Suddenly both of Josie's eyes were open and Natalie was realizing how pretty they were, especially when the light hit them just right.

"Nat?" Josie asks softly.

"Huh?" Natalie says feeling absolutely stupid.

"You were staring," Josie tells her, a small smile growing on her lips.

"Oh," Natalie says, "Sorry."

Josie brushes a strand of hair behind her ear and Natalie watches the action intently, "It's fine. So, I can definitely feel the magic that's stopping you from wolfing out. The problem is that I can't siphon it alone. I'll need Lizzie."

"Lizzie," Natalie mutters to herself, "Right. Okay. I guess I'll have to tell her about everything."

Josie gently squeezes her hand and Natalie really wishes she hadn't because she's reminded again that Josie's hands are holding her own, "Hey, Lizzie may freak out, but that's because she's Lizzie. She'll help you out though. Soon you'll be able to shift."

"Right," Natalie says, tugging her hands away from Josie's grasp. The siphoner looks at her strangely, but Natalie ignores it, "There's an assembly in the main hall today."

"I know," Josie says laughing softly, "I was the one who told you about it."

"Oh," Natalie says dumbly, "Well I think I'm going to sit with Hope."

"What?" Josie frowns, "Why?"

That was a great question and Natalie would have loved to follow it up with because I think I have a crush on you, but her common sense started kicking in and there was no way that was going to be her answer.

"I have to ask her a question about something in – chemistry! You know, upperclassman stuff," Natalie says with a forced laugh, but it was clear Josie wasn't believing her.

"Is this about the Penelope thing?" Josie asks her, "Because we're cool Nat. I shouldn't have gotten mad in the first place."

Natalie really liked it when a person was able to admit when they were wrong. It was at the top of her list for what makes a person attractive, along with sensitive, compassionate, and funny. Sadly, Josie was all of those things.