eleven.

CELESTIAL | 8.1
"WOULD YOU LIKE TO STAY FOR DINNER?"
MAYBE I SHOULD START FROM THE END

NATALIE WATCHED AS HOPE changed the radio station for the ninth time since they started their little venture to New Orleans and she was slowly growing annoyed, which led to her smacking Hope's hand away from the dial

"Hey," Hope said looking up at her, rubbing her hand gently, "What was that for?"

"You are unhappy with every single station," Natalie says trying to keep her eyes on the road, "Do you even like music?"

"Yes, I am human," Hope tells her and Natalie laughs.

"Technically you're not, but it was funny to hear you say that."

Hope sighs loudly from beside her and Natalie wonders if it's due to the teasing or the fact that Hope stopped at the classical music station.

"Hey, will you shove a French fry in my mouth?" Natalie asks and Hope obliges, reaching into the bag of fast food that they had just purchased and shoved a couple of fries into Natalie's mouth.

"You know, you could eat your stupid chicken nuggets if you'd just let me drive," Hope insists.

"No way," Natalie says, stealing a glance at Hope, "No one drives my baby."

"Explain to me how you got this car again?" Hope asks as she sips her milkshake.

"Last year for my sixteenth birthday Damon and Elena came to town and they were like here's a car," Natalie answers. She kindly left out the part where she was harassed by Stefanie Salvatore, Damon and Elena's annoying ten-year-old child.

"So instead of like a Honda or you know a normal first car, they gave you a decked out 1965 Ford Mustang convertible?" Hope asks her and Natalie nods with a huge grin as she runs her fingers over the steering wheel.

"Damon's picked up the hobby of collecting cars in his spare time and he happened to pull some strings and get this baby for me."

Hope nods her head, laughing softly, "So does she have a name? I know people like to name cars."

Natalie laughs at the idea of naming her car, "Guys like to name cars. They do it because they like being in control, especially if the item has the pronoun, she."

Hope laughs, "Your car is a she."

"Well if she were a he, I wouldn't be as fond of her," Natalie argues, "Plus I don't like to control women. Though I wouldn't mind if they controlled me."

Hope raises an eyebrow and Natalie can feel Hope staring at her, "Do you frequently allow women to control you?"

Natalie smirks and shrugs coyly, glancing at Hope, "Maybe."

"You're such a bottom," Hope mutters and Natalie slams on the brakes, forcing both of them to surge forward and land back in their seats. The car behind them goes around, honking their horn in the process. Hope stares at Natalie with wide eyes.