Chapter Ten

It's been 8 years since Dabi been in prison.

Within those eight years, you've struggled as a single mother to help raise Hayami and be a business owner for your bakery. You were able to get into contact with Dabi's youngest brother, Shouto Todoroki and let him know that he has a niece. Todoroki and his father, Endeavor had met up with you one day to meet Hayami and yourself, it was a good experience. Although you aren't married to Dabi, the Todoroki family with open arms.

However, it didn't feel right without Dabi. That and what his past regarding Endeavor, you knew that Dabi wouldn't want you anywhere near his family because of his father. You understand that, but you could see it in Endeavor's eyes that he wants to make things right and you aren't going to tell Dabi that at all. You keep in contact with the Todoroki family here and there, but you normally keep to yourself and focus on yourself and Hayami.

Hawks has been in your life almost everyday since he had told you he'll help you and Hayami. You didn't want him to because you didn't want to be a burden, but you had been grateful for his help once Hayami started school. However, with how much Hawks had been around,  Hayami had believed he was her father until you had to sit her down and tell her what Dabi looks like and that he was a villain.

When you had told her about her father being a villain, it was also the day she had gotten her Quirk. She's able to create flames from her blood and basically if she bleeds profoundly, she's able to ignite them in flames. (She hasn't tried that out). Despite Hayami's blood being red, her flames are blue just like Dabi's. Anyways, since that day you told her about Dabi, she's been silent on him.

You'd still talk about her father, but you notice she wasn't interested or seem rather irritated about Dabi. You didn't mention anything he was part of villain related, but you talked about the times where he would hold her, fall asleep with her in his arms, and talk to her when he thought you weren't looking. You talked about how he really loved you and Hayami, but she didn't have that admiration glint in her eyes like she does for heroes or for you.

Sometimes, like once a month you'd visit Dabi while he's in prison. You would hold those moments precious and you tried convincing Hayami to go, but she didn't want to go. You felt bad for every time that Dabi would ask about Hayami and where she is and you'd tell him that she's either with Mitsuki or Hawks or at school. Then he'd ask about your day and once you tell him, he lets you know if there's any changes to his sentencing and there hasn't been any changes.

You know his time will never light up.

You want to be positive about it, but with his crimes, he'd probably be stuck in there. Not only that, but you miss him. You miss waking up beside him, his hugs, his kisses, the long conversations, watching movies on the couch together, the cuddling, falling asleep in his grasp, listening to his heartbeat. You miss going on dates with him, running errands with him, too. You can't really vent to anyone about this besides Hawks since he's aware of Dabi's crimes and you don't want to throw all this onto Hayami when she's barely interested in her father after learning he's a villain.

Currently, you're at your bakery while Hayami is at school. You're trying to hire new employees since Bakugou had stopped helping since he had to focus on school then graduated and worked at your bakery for a bit as part-time while he focused on his hero duties. You've had a few high schoolers work at your bakery, but you hardly had a permanent employee. Hopefully, you can get someone to work for you soon because you need the extra hands.

"[Last Name]!"

You groaned at the sound of Hawks's voice, the bakery closed for the rest of the day. You regret giving a key to Hawks, but what else was the retired hero supposed to do? You leaned back in your chair, "The bakery is closed, Hawks!"