Chapter Nine

"You knew this could have happened," you said, gazing at Dabi.

He doesn't respond, his gaze focused on the silver table as the two of you are separated by a wall with a window to reveal each other. He's in those straightjackets, his hands being tied behind him and he looks exhausted. You didn't like seeing him in there, being a prisoner in Tartarus after the heroes had won the battle. There was many casualties on both sides and you had heard of the news. You knew Dabi was in Tartarus after the news channel had informed the public that the League was caught.

You have Hayami staying with Ms. Bakugou, figuring that the woman is someone you could trust with your child. You wonder how she's doing with the news of Bakugou being admitted to the hospital. Although, it's been only three days since the battle and you had decided to see Dabi. Deep down, you had a feeling this was going to happen, but you didn't think it'd happen so soon.

"You could have stopped," you stated, tears filling your eyes as Dabi doesn't bother to meet your gaze. "This could have ended when you just put your foot down and stopped being a villain."

Dabi shakes his head. "My hands are dirty, [Name]. You knew this."

You did. But you thought that he could at least realized that he has a family that he could return to, a family that needs him. A family that he won't be a part of because he will never be able to leave Tartarus. He had received the imprisonment for life and you're glad that they didn't decide to give him the death penalty. You're not even sure if Hanami could possibly see him or if he'll be able to have visitors again.

The cops had questioned you a day after the battle because they had found pictures of you, Hanami, and Dabi together on his phone. You had told them that you didn't take part in villainous acts nor were you aware of what the League was doing. You said that you were kept in the dark about their activities which is true and that you had only found out that Dabi was a villain until you started dating. You were about to tell them that you had known Dabi is a villain, but they had received a call and they didn't question you any further.

"You could redeem yourself," you stated. You wanted to call him by his name so bad, but you can't. "Don't you want to see Hayami grow up?"

"I do," he said softly, his eyes moving to the wall beside him.

You slightly narrowed your eyes at him. "Do you want her to grow up without a father? Do you want her to forget about you?"

"No!" Dabi yelled. He turned his turquoise eyes to you, glaring at you. "You think I want to be in here! Stuck in this prison and not be able to see you or Hayami!"

"You could have gave it up!" You yelled, standing up from your seat. "You decided to do this and now you won't be part of the family because my boyfriend and Hayami's father will be in prison for the rest of his life! You'll be missing out on Hayami growing up! You knew the consequences!"

Dabi let out an exhausted sigh, slouching his shoulders and he lowers his head. "I'm facing those consequences now." He lifts his head, gazing at you with sadness swirling in them. "I'm sorry, [Name]. That's all I can say right now."

You started to cry, sitting back down in your seat and you cover your face with your hands. Dabi felt his heart ache, knowing he's the one that's causing you to cry and be in pain from the situation that he had gotten himself involved in. He wanted nothing more than to wrap you in his arms and soothe your pain, but he can't. He can fix the problem that you're facing and it's making him frustrated, angry, and sad because this is all his doing.

He stands up, the guards on his side tense and they reach for their sides. Dabi doesn't care, pressing his forehead against the glass and his eyes boring into your own. You stood up, too, and pressed your forehead against the glass, lifting your hand and feeling the cool material against your palm.