Chapter Eight

"This is a cute lil bakery here."

You looked up from cleaning the counters in the bakery. All the deserts were put away and it's nearly closing time, but you weren't expecting to see the Number Two Hero walk into your bakery. You blushed, seeing the pro hero look around the bakery with his hands in his pockets as you're stunned at the appearance of seeing Hawks.

Hawks looks over to you. "You're not closed yet, right?"

"No, we're still open," you said, nodding your head. You walk over to the cash register, the pro hero looking at the menu above your head. "I just put away all the deserts, but I'm sure we still have everything that's on the menu."

Although you're dating a villain, you can still admire the pro heroes. You really like Hawks and Miruko and to have one of the pro heroes that you like to come into your bakery? It's unbelievable until you realize that you're staring at Hawks as he looks around and his eyes land on you. You couldn't help, but blush as his gaze is focused on you and you're glad that you don't feel anything towards the man besides being near an attractive person. Being around attractive people makes you nervous.

"I think the last time I was here, the shop was closed for like a month," Hawks informed, a smile growing on his lips. "Another customer told me it was because you had given birth. Congratulations on having a bundle of joy coming into the world."

You smiled, thinking of your lil family. "Thank you. My daughter is really adorable and I'm happy to have her in my life."

Hawks nods his head, the smile lowering on his face as he looks over your shoulder. You raised an eyebrow, looking over your shoulder to see Dabi in his little get-up with sunglasses and the bottom of the hoodie being high enough to somewhat cover his mouth. Hayami clutching onto the sleeve as Dabi holds her with one arm. You smiled at them, making your way over to Dabi and Hayami.

"This is our daughter, Hayami!" You boasted, your little girl smiling at you and doing the grabby hands at you. You take her from Dabi, oblivious to the stare down between Hawks and Dabi as you walk over to the register. "She's a cutie, huh?"

Hawks nodded his head, the smile returning to his face. "Yeah! I'm assuming that she looks like her father."

"And she loves him more than me, too," you grumbled, pouting your lips as Hayami lets out a giggle from you poking her gently. You let out a laugh yourself, turning your full attention to Hawks. "So, what would you like?"

"I'll just take a chocolate cupcake," Hawks said.

You nodded your head as you place Hayami on the counter with Dabi standing in front of her. She starts to cry, her eyes focused on you as you disappear into the back and grab a chocolate cupcake. Once you return, Hayami is crying into Dabi's chest as she clutches into his hoodie as the man stares down at her. Hawks observes then two and he looks your way with a bright smile.

"Can I get a vanilla cupcake, too!" Hawks questioned, watching you place the cupcake on the counter. "A buddy of mine loves vanilla."

You nodded your head, "Sure!"

As you go into the back once more, Dabi does what he can with having his body in front of Hayami so she doesn't fall off from sitting on the counter. While he does that, he grabs a box underneath the counter on the shelf and he takes it out, placing the box on the counter and putting the cupcake into the counter. He doesn't say anything to Hawks.

"No wonder you had a sweet smell to you," Hawks mumbled, his voice soft as he gazed at Dabi.

Dabi doesn't bother to glance at him. "You got a thing for smelling people?"