the meeting.

welp- back at it with some semi smut (?) in the chap-

POV: third person.

It was the next day. Quackity had rested well, Schlatt had stayed up all night.

Quackity had woken up at a decent time too, so he was able to take his time getting ready for work and such. He felt pretty refreshed, being able to go home early after stressing and stuff.

When Quackity arrived at the building, he almost immediately went to Schlatt office. He fixed his tie on the elevator ride up to the floor Schlatts office was one, walked off and to Schlatts door silently, and sighed before knocking gently.

"Come in." He heard Schlatt grumble from inside the room. He already sounded annoyed. Great.

Quackity slowly opened the door and stepped in. He stayed standing by the door. "Hi." Quackity spoke with fake confidence.

Schlatt just grumbled in response, shifting around some papers on his desk and lazily organizing them.

"Okay," Alex exhaled loudly while saying that, drawing out the 'a'. "Well, I.. wanted to say sorry for last night. You said you felt weird, probably just uncomfortable because of the way I acted or something and I'm sorry for that..." Quackity tried his best to look at Schlatt as he spoke, but kept finding himself looking down or away.

"Are you trying to tell me how I felt yesterday?" Schlatt sounded mad, but he laughed as if it was a joke.

"N-no, that's not what I meant-"

"But Sweetheart, that's what you said." Schlatt stood and went to get himself a glass of whiskey, needing something to hit him and keep him awake.

Quackity didn't want to argue again. He stopped himself from saying more.

"I think I deserve something in return for what I did." Schlatt blurted out as he finished pouring his drink.

Quacktiy looked up at him. "...What?"

"I stayed up all fucking night because of you." Schlatt pronounced every letter in each word with aggression. He took a sip from his drink and sighed. "I finished your work for you." His voice was a bit less harsh, but he still sounded upset. "Never do that again. Yesterday was pathetic. Don't ever... guilt trip me again." Schlatt growled and downed the rest of the cup.

"Guilt trip you? You think I guilt tripped you?" Alex looked at him with an angry confusion.

"Yes! You got all upset and after being mad at me and yelling at me, you had me comfort you!" Schlatt rolled his eyes. "And then you expected me to go home with you?" Schlatt growled.

Alex numbly blinked away tears, looking off into space. Lips parted and eyebrows raised, waiting for his words to fall out of his mouth. He crossed his arms across his chest, but basically hugged himself like this. "I'm sorry..."

"You're sorry my ass!" Schlatt raised his voice slightly and Quackity flinched.

But, there it was again... That weird feeling inside Schlatt. He stood and made his way over to Quackity.