the end.

Quackity woke up the next morning before Schlatt had. He squeezed his eyes shut tightly before fluttering them open. He smiled and took in a gentle deep breath. He snuggled into Schlatt, glad that there was still time for him to appreciate this in silence before Schlatt woke up.

The second Schlatt had woken up, his eyes widened with realization and he jumped up, pushing Alex away. He looked... panicked, almost?

"Get out." Schlatt looked down, visibly gulping. "Go. Now. Go home and get ready for work." Schlatt stood and started to head upstairs. Quackity heard Schlatt yell "fuck!" and then heard a thud, which he assumed was Schlatt punching something.

Quackity sighed, taking a moment to collect his thoughts, before grabbing his things and leaving as silently as he could.

Quackity drove home with the radio playing quietly.

Later on, Quackity had gotten a decent amount of texts from Schlatt as he was driving to work, telling Quackity to hurry and see him in his office immediately.

Quackiy felt anxiety rise in his chest and clog his throat, making his eyebrows twitch as he focused on the road.

Quackity ran upstairs, ignoring every hello that anyone tried to shoot his way, needing to know why Schlatt was so upset. He felt it was his job to not only be a good assistant, but be there for Schlatt in general, being his right hand man and being who Schlatt could depend on.

When Quackity let himself into Schlatts office, he saw Schlatt with his face in his hands. Quackity set his bag down on the ground beside the door and gently pressed the door shut with the heel of his shoe. He made his way to stand beside Schlatt, looking over the desk. There were no papers, no pens, even his laptop had been shut and turned off completely.

"I don't uh..." Schlatt lifted his face from his hands, sniffling once while shifting in his seat. "Who have you told?" He had completely changed what he wanted to saying, making Quackity instantly curious and worried.

"Told? Who..? What?" Quackity tilted his head to the side for a moment, lifting it back up quickly.

"About- this! Whatever we have going on!" Schlatt raised his voice, but when Alex looked in his eyes the emotions in his tone didn't match. His eyes were drained and sad...

"No one! I w-!"

"You're a fucking liar!" Schlatt had completely cut him off there.

"I'm not! You're a fucking loud mouth! Maybe you fucked yourself over!"

"I'm smarter than that, Alex! You obviously aren't!"

With each response, the twos yelling got louder.

"I never said a fucking word!"

"Then how was George talking about us with Wilbur in the lobby of this goddamn building this morning?!"

Quackity, with his mouth still open, stopped and froze in place.

"Right." Schlatt huffed and grabbed his laptop angrily, opening it and logging in as he waited for Quackity's to say something.