17|chapter 17

⭒❃.✮:▹ 𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲𝘀 ◃:✮.❃⭒

"𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦, 𝘒𝘢𝘵

"𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦, 𝘒𝘢𝘵."

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"Stay here." Jack whispered to the brunette, putting his finger up to his lips as Lovejoy's shrieking cry sounded from the room.

Katerina nodded slowly, peeking through the small cracks of the chairs she was hiding behind, seeing the water rush into the dining saloon at an impeccable pace. It swirled around them and the furniture.

The couple had not only ran from Cal and his shotgun, but were now getting hunted by the valet and his gun, the two not knowing why at all. Surely Cal wouldn't give up his right hand man to get a girl that would most definitely leave him the minute they had made it off the ship safely. If they ever did make it off safely.

Jack squeezed the girl's hand in comfort before slowly moving away from Katerina. She watched him crawl to the other row of tables, nearer to Lovejoy, and if Katerina hadn't of known better, she'd have thought Jack was going to pounce on the valet.

But Jack was smarter than that.

He wouldn't jump out in the middle of a cross fire. A man with a gun would easily take on a man with nothing but his fists.

The ship groaned and creaked and Katerina knew they were sinking deeper and deeper.

She peeked through the crack, watching as Lovejoy moved along the multiple rows of tables, checking under each one. It wouldn't be long until he came upon hers.

Just then, the brunette's eyes caught onto a metal cart holding dozens of China plates. She gulped dryly, her eyes widening as the cart started to roll down the aisles, heading straight towards the table she was hiding behind.

As if her night wasn't already life-threatening enough.

Without hesitating, Katerina scrambled up and out of the way, making it to the side and in view of Lovejoy just as the cart tipped over, splattering the broken plates all over and around her.

The valet turned, his eyes hungrily latched onto the girl as he sloshed his way through the ankle high and rising water, his hands straight out in front of him like a walking zombie with a gun aimed straight at her head.

"Hey!" Jack's voice suddenly rang out and Katerina had to blink a few times to register what was actually happening. The blond had pounced onto the armed man, pushing the both of them into a table, knocking it, and themselves, onto the floor.

The two grappled ferociously in the water that only swished around the table stands. Jack had jammed his knee down onto Lovejoy's hands, breaking his grip on the gun that was already sinking in the shallow water.