19|chapter 19

⭒❃.✮:▹ 𝗙𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 ◃:✮.❃⭒

"𝘖𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴

"𝘖𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴."

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

Bodies whirled and spun, some limp as dolls, other struggling spasdomically as the vortex closed in on them and sucked them under.

A roiling outburst of chaos unraveled at the surface, billions of screams and cries filling the air as people came in touch with the frigid water. They thrashed about voilently, calling out to their loved ones: they could only pray they made it out alive as well.

Over a thousand people were now floating where the ship went down. Some stunned, others crying, praying, moaning, mourning, shouting...screaming.

The gust of a wave from the impact of the wallowing ship crashed over the crowd, screams floating up with the icy air as a small slither of sun started to shine through the misty morning sky. It rang out through the clouds, yellow and golden, a blend between two beautiful colours as if God himself was watching the event occur into an abyss of misery: an abyss of death.

The sky hugged the beaming ball of heat, the minute another set of cries rang out, clouds pushed over the light, as if swallowing the thing whole.

The titanic wasn't in the air at all, barely visible undersea as it sank deeper and deeper, pulling multiple sorry souls with it. A ship that was once known as the unsinkable one, was now down under, in two torn parts, all because of an iceberg that was merely floating in the ocean.

No one imagined that their small, one week trip to New York would end up with them fighting for their life in the middle of an inhospitable ocean. Mothers were crying, children were slowly dying, men were shouting for help: it was chaos.

No one could hear.

No one could help.

The sounds of the strong waves overlapped the multiple crying voices that echoed around: no one was coming to help, not too quickly enough to save everyone.

The ship had taken two souls under: two souls that clung together as they counted their last moments in the air. Their hands interlocked, their lungs filling with the last remaining air they could muster to fill into their body, the two small figures could be barely seen as the titanic took its final fall.

They went under together, but did they come up together?

I wish I could say they did, I really do. But this is the TITANIC, not some fairytale... not everything works out in the end.

Like how the brunette's lungs started to beg for air almost immediately as they got whisked down into the glacial water. It felt like an invisible hand was clutching onto her jaw, wiring it open just so she could suck in one tiny breath.