13|chapter 13

⭒❃.✮:▹ 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮 ◃:✮.❃⭒

"𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩

"𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩."

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

No matter how hard Katerina slammed her hands against the white wood, the doors would not budge. She considered every single possibility: the doors leading towards the corridors to B-deck were also locked, thanks to Lovejoy, the balconies for each suite were too far apart for Katerina to jump over to the next room, and there was nothing she could use to break the lock.

The shuffles and loud shouts from the corridors didn't help her anxiety, making the brunette dig her nails into the palms of her hands in order to calm herself. She mumbled positive affirmations of how she was going to be alright, and, with another deep breath, started to bang on the door once more. The churning pit in her stomach was growing larger by the second and she was beginning to feel nauseous (not that she wasn't already).

"Hello?" She screamed, her fists becoming red and sore as she slowly slid down onto her knees, small strands of hair framing her slightly sweaty and tear-stained face. Katerina cursed herself for letting Jack go, of course he didn't do it. Why would he?

If she did manage to get off board with Jack, surely she'd know that he'd have taken the pendant at some point, right? Katerina kicked herself for being so stupid, so gullible, so...so disgustingly foolish.

Her head shook with every breath she took as she tried to control her small, helpless whimpers.

Suddenly, the ship lurched forward, sending Katerina straight into the door. Her head pounded and her chest tightened, almost as if her body wasn't letting her breathe. Just from that one action, she could tell that it was getting bad: very, very bad. The shuffles and mutters started to become louder, and it was a shock to the girl that no-one had heard the slams of fists on the doors.

After a few moments of silence, only listening to the rummages of feet, Katerina stood up, wiping away the pieces of hair stuck to her face. There was no point in crying about it, it would do her no good. So, without another second to lose, Katerina scrambled towards the doors that took you to the living area, and towards the other exit door that she and Jack had used to escape Lovejoy's clutches.

She clenched her hands into fists once more and started to bang on the other wooden door, hoping somebody that was coming up from B-deck would hear. Ignoring the sharp pain that vibrated through her hands, she let out a shrill shriek of help, giving it all she got, and slamming her fists on the door with so much force that she nearly stumbled forward from the amount of power.

She ran a frustrated (possibly broken) hand through her hair, contemplating on whether or not she should just try and give the balcony jumping idea a go.