1.5

m i c h a e l 

"And starting from today, we, teachers, are going to prepare you, students, to the big final exams."

Let's see how many times I heard this sentence today? Well, good enough to scare the hell out of me and make me stick next to Ashton the whole lunch.

"And could you please explain about the imperialisms again? Because oh God, I ca-"

"Michael, shut up!" Ashton said a bit rudely as we both walked for our last class of the day. "I understand you're scared with all those exams, but trust me I already did them and I know you'd be great."

"But I need he-"

"I know you need help, and yes, I'm going to help you but not now in this hall. That means, you're going to meet me in my car after school and then we're going back to my place to study. Alright?" He said, one more time interrupting me, but now calmly placing a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded and blushed a bit leaving the boy on his classroom as I kept walking till mine. Thankfully, my next lesson was with Mrs. Hemmings, who is definitely less harsher than the other teachers.

I always thought she was like that because of Luke, something I like to call "Perks of Having An Adolescent Son". And I wasn't wrong though. If you have someone at home with the same age as your students, you'd know how to treat them.

After hearing the bell and going back to my sit at the back, Liz walked in the room smiling like always and placed her bag over the teachers' table.

"So who is already sick of hearing about the big final exams?" She exclaimed getting in response lots of raised hands. See? She understands us.

"Yeah, thought so. But seriously, you have nothing to worry about. Only do the exams like it's any other test you're gonna be good." Mrs. Hemmings smiled and I felt more relieved.

"Ok now you guys, pick a partner! We're doing some exercises together today." She continued and sat on her chair waiting till everyone find a partner.

I looked around lazily because hell, I hate working with a partner. Usually, I stuck with some reject kid or just ask if I could work alone but today was different. Before I had the chance to raise my hand, someone was already sitting next to me.

"I think we end up together on that Mikey!" My partner, or may I say Luke, affirmed happily.

"Yeah fine, wait since when are you in this math group? I thought you said you hate having classes with your mom because she embar-"

"She makes you what sunshine?" A voice suddenly said above of our heads making both of us look up. Liz was standing there with papers in her hands as she smiled sarcastically at Luke.

"Mum not now!" Luke whispere-yelled, already blushing. She laughed lightly and handed us some papers.

"You two can use the time that you need. If you don't finish it here, take it home with you and bring it tomorrow. Ok?"

We nodded and started the exercises. Not gonna lie, I was having big problems while Luke did it easily like it was nothing. And this is what I call, "Perks of Having a Math Teacher Mother."

"Are you having problems?" Luke asked me worriedly.

"Eh, yeah. I don't know where to start."

With that, Luke tutored me temporarily. He'd speak slow only for me be able to understand, and somehow I got everything he told me. Liz would look at us and smile proudly at her son. Knowing Luke, he'd probably follow his mom's career and also become a math teacher.