1.8

m i c h a e l

Ashton got to be kidding me.

After he kissed me and practically confessed his feelings for me, he simply ran away like always.

Of course, I didn't want to be that clingy and annoying person who messages someone thousand times a day, so I waited patiently for him to text.

But guess what? Nothing.

Today is the day I was going to get all my final grades, and I really wanted Ashton to come with me.

Sighing, I slowly walked to school. The day was beautiful, with no clouds and sun shining.

I started remembering when I first met Ash. He was only a tutor for me. Though I believed he wouldn't help anything and I'd go through life as stupid as always.

But all of sudden, I got better and I started liking him. Then the small crush I had, turned into something more and then I realized I had, not only good grades now, but also a new love.

"Oh Ash, what have you done to me?" I whispered, kicking a small rock on the street.

After a few minutes I arrived at the school. Lots of students were already there nervously waiting for their grades.

I spotted Luke and Calum standing at the end of the cafeteria, typical. I went quickly to them and, somehow, they already knew I was having a bad day.

"Hey what's wrong?" Cal asked and pulled me in a quick hug, Luke doing the same after.

I didn't feel like telling them what happened between me and the curly haired boy, so I simply said, "Parents' business trip."

Which wasn't a lie. My parents announced this morning they were leaving tonight for a week, only to make my day even better.

"Well, I don't know if this makes you feel any better but Ashton broke up with Felicia," Luke said, smirking.

"What? How do you know that?" I asked, surprised.

"Ahn, twitter? You know, Felicia tweeted at least thousand song lyrics about heartbreak and then about blowing up someones car," Calum answered like it was the most obvious thing, "I thought he told you, after all you two are so damn close lately."

I laughed sarcastically, "Oh you have no idea, but no, he didn't tell me."

The two boys soon changed the subject while I was stuck with my overthinking thoughts, is that the reason he didn't call me yet, did he broke up because of me?

After a while, all the teachers entered the room and for a minute all my worry and sadness changed to nervousness.

The teachers soon eyed the students and handed each one of them a white envelope.

Liz walked over to us smirking and handed us ours, "Congratulations boys!"

We three didn't even hesitate to open it and before I knew it, I saw all the big 'B-'s.

"Holy shit." I mumbled to myself surprised.

I was on shock until Luke and Calum hugged each other screaming, "Dude! WE PASSED!"

I laughed along with them and also threw my arms around my loud best friends, "YEAR 12!"

Everyone, including the teachers, were staring at us but also smiling. Liz gave Luke a slow kiss on the cheek making him blush hard but today he didn't care.

After going home and telling my parents about my notes, I received not only awesome compliments but also money from both of them.

When they told they were ready to go to the airport, I said goodbye and decided to take a 'day-off'. I took all of my favorite DVDs and brought all the candies I could carry to my room to start a movie marathon.

When the third movie was over and the credits were rolling on the screen, I felt my eyes closing and soon the numbers '11:47 pm' was the last thing I saw.

*

It was around 3 am when I heard my phone buzzing non-stop.

I cursed mentally at whoever had the idea to call me this time, "Someone's gonna die when this isn't important." I grumbled.

I accepted the call and pressed the phone to my ear without even looking at the caller ID, "What?"

"M-Michael?"

It was Ashton. His fragile voice made me wake up on an instant. There were small sobs along on the other line making my heart break.

"Ash? Yeah, it's me. What's wrong?" I asked.

"So sorry for calling you, but-but I couldn't think of someone else."

"Ashton, tell me what happened."

"My mum, s-she died," he said, holding tears and breathing deeply.

Oh. I sharply inhaled a breath and a lump formed in my throat. I brought my hand over my mouth and shook my head even if Ashton couldn't see it.

Suddenly, Ashton's sobs invaded the call and I felt my heart aching and the cry coming over my throat.

"Where are you right now?".

"Hospital, w-why?" Ashton answered.

"I'm coming."

Before he had the chance to answer, I hung up and changed quickly into some normal clothes. Since my dad was already on the other side of the world, I took his car and drove to the hospital.

Minutes later, I arrived. Holding my breath and counting slowly to ten, I locked the car and entered the hospital already spotting Ashton sitting in one of the receptions chair.

He saw me as I took the first step in the room. His cheeks stained with tears, red rimmed puffy eyes and his lip quivering he ran into my arms. I wrapped my arms around him squeezing tightly letting him cry on my shoulder. I was trying to be strong for Ashton, but to his him like this was breaking my heart all over again and I couldn't keep the small single tears from falling.

After a moment, Ashton finally whispered between small sobs, "C-Can you just take me h-home...and h-hold me?"

"Of course Ash, let's go." I nodded pulling away and heading to the parking lot.

As we walk, Ashton was trembling with his arms around himself. I placed my hand behind his back making the boy rest his head on my shoulder. We kept walking slowly while I rubbed circles on his back.

When we both entered the car and I was ready to start the engine, Ashton stopped me placing his hand over mine, "Thank you"

I turned my gaze to the right only to be met by his red rimmed but yet beautiful glistening hazel eyes. Smiling softly, I interviewed our hands and drove back to my place.

*****

almost over!!!!! ):

but go check my new story 'kink - cashton'

kissesssss 🐸