1.6

m i c h a e l 

"What is the 4th root of 64?

"Oh wait I know that o-"

"Calum don't! It's my turn now!" I cut him off and answered Luke's questions, "It's 2,8 right?"

"Correct! 6 points to Michael and well, 3 for Calum." Luke said writing it down in his notebook.

"I'm done! I can't understand this, and since when are you so smart Michael?" Calum asked pissed, burying his head on the pillow.

"I know some people." I said smirking and receiving a playful punch from the black haired boy.

"Oh he's not lying about that Cal! Yesterday he preferred studying with Ashton than me." Luke said dramatically placing a hand over his chest.

"Oh Clifford! Tell us, how is 'studying' with the curly." The tan boy said poking my sides.

"Oh shut up you two! We were seriously learning for the exams, just like we're doing now." I answered them rolling my eyes.

"Oh really? So why did I saw you arriving at school today with him?" Luke said.

"You slept at his house?" Calum shouted grinning.

"Ugh okay, yes I did." I replied covering my face with my hands.

"GET SOME!" My both friends yelled happily throwing their arms in the air.

"Oh guys, nothing happened. I already told you two, Ash is straight like a pole with his 'amazing' girlfriend." I said.

"I bet he's bisexual. I mean, all the flirting he already did with you can't be nothing." Luke said casually drinking some water.

"Wait you know about what happened between them?" Calum asked surprised looking at Luke nodded quickly.

"Well, I think tha-"

"I think that we should study more and talk less." I said interrupting Luke who sent me a confused look, "Sorry, I have plans with my mum later and I really want to end this now."

After a few hours of studying with the boys, I went home and like promised, I got ready for later. And maybe I lied saying that I had to do something with my mum, because after all she wasn't a certain cute and curly haired boy. Yesterday, as Ash and I were cuddled into each others arms, he invited me to visit his mother. Obviously, I accepted.

I quickly took a shower and snatched some clean clothes out off my closet. Ashton texted saying he was coming in fifteen minutes and I was glad that I was already ready. To waste a bit of time, I turned the TV on and watched some random movie until I heard the bell.

"Hi Ash," I said as I opened the door and found him standing there with a crooked smile.

"Hey, you ready?" He asked with his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, let's go."

*

"Before we go in there, I need to tell you something," Ashton said slowly as he stopped in front of his mothers room door. I nodded and he continued, "She has lots of tubes connected to her so don't freak out, also her hair is really short since we shaved it last year. She'd probably ask you some unnecessary questions, and if you don't wan-"

"Ash," I said interrupting him and smiling slightly, "Let's just go see her yeah?"

The older boy got a little tense and refused to open the door. Even if his hand was already placed on the handle, he wouldn't push it. So carefully, I placed my hand over his and we opened the door together.

As we both walked in the room, I couldn't help but gasp. When Ashton said his mother had tubes around her, I didn't think it was that serious. His mother could barely breath by herself, and she looked so weak and fragile.

"Hello honey, you must be Michael. Right?" She said, more like a whisper, to me.

"Yes ma'am, it's really nice to meet you." I said simply but still blushing.

Truth is, I wanted to hug and talk with her but I was afraid I would do anything wrong. Ashton seemed to notice my hesitation and gently placed a hand on my lower back walking me to his mother.

"Oh lord, call me Anne please." She said sitting up properly on the hospital bed, "You know, my son talks a lot about you! More than his girlfriend to be honest."

"Mum!" The curly haired boy said covering his face with his hands, "I told you Michael she'd say some unnec-"

"I'm not lying though!" His mother said casually smirking, "So Michael, how is my son as a tutor?"

"Really great actually." I said and noticed Ashton blushing. But then, I suddenly remembered everything that ever happened while he tutored me and also blushed hard.

"Why are you two blushing?" Anne asked curiously raising her eyebrow. Great, now his mother thinks we're doing something inappropriate.

"What? We're aren't blushing, it's just, eh, really hot here. And you know, all your medication make you feel a bit dizzy." Ash said nervously rubbing the back of his head.

"Oh yeah, you're probably right." His mum said winking at me, "Sweetie, could you please buy me some food in the cafeteria?"

Ashton declined sighing but left the room after his mother sent him the 'i'm-your-mum' look. It was a bit awkward so I just smiled and looked around the room.

"My son said you were the cutest boy he had ever seen," She said, "And he was definitely not lying."

I blushed hard and fake coughed lightly, "Ahn, did he really say that?"

"Of course he did, I wasn't lying when I said he talks about you. I mean, I don't even know the color of his girlfriend's hair but I do know all the colors you dyed yours the last three months."

"Oh, I didn't think he noticed me that much." I admitted surprised, "Wait, he never brought Felicia here?"

"Who is Felicia?" Anne asked confused but after a moment remembered, "Ah his girlfriend? No never, actually you're the first friend that he brought to see me. Ash must trust you a lot."

"And he does." A voice said behind me, and soon a curly haired boy entered the room with some sandwiches packets, "Here, I bought your favorite mum. And also for you Mikey!"

After Ashton handed us the food, we ate it slowly and talked a lot. Anne seemed to like our company since she wouldn't stop laughing and smiling. Ashton was even more happier than her, maybe because he was seeing his mother in a different mood. I, to be honest, was feeling proud. I had the feeling that I was making both of them happy and this was already enough.

Unfortunately, we had to go after an hour, we exited the room and I promised Anne I'd come back another day. The sky outside was already dark and I was glad when Ash offered me a ride back home. We sat in his car quietly as he drove to my house only the radio playing silently in the background.

"Thanks for coming today," Ashton said as he parked in front of my house, "It really means a lot to me, and also for her. I didn't see her this happy for a long time. So, really Michael, thank you."

I smiled at him before pecking his cheek, maybe a bit too close to his lips, and left the car blushing and with the biggest smile on my face.

*****

hey everyone,

maybe we're getting closer to the end already.

): but i'm already writing new stories and bla bla.

what would you guys prefer? lashton, malum or cashton?

cyyyy bye