15: Avoiding

Eva's P.O.V.

Okay, it was obvious that Anna was trying her best to avoid me since this morning. Probably because she didn't have the balls to talk about our kiss, or should I say our make out session, even though it was her who started it.

However, she wasn't at home right now because she went to the police station with my mom to report her crazy stepfather. Neither of them even asked me if I wanted to come with them. These fuckers.

Anyways, I bet that I could still have a pretty good day by myself. So, let's see what can I do?

Watch Tv, doing some skincare, eat-

My ringing phone brought me out of my thoughts. I picked it up and saw that Ava was facetiming me, so I answered, "Hey what's up"

"Heeey how is your vacation going?", she grinned.

Pretty crazy.

"It's whatever, you know, the usual", I shrugged, "How about yours?"

"So goooood. I've met this guy here and he is sooo cute", she giggled and I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

If she only knew who I've met.

"Well, even though you're a bitch for leaving me the summer alone, I'm still happy for you", I gave her a small smile.

"That's quite shady, Eva but thanks?", she tried to stay serious but broke out into laughter just a second later, "Hey, why don't you go out and do something fun? You can't tell me that you've spend these past weeks just in your bed"

"And what if I did? I love my bed", I put on an attitude.

"Yeah I know you do", she laughed again, "Oh, I actually remember that I wanted to ask you something"

"Okay, shoot", I said as I waited for her to continue.

"So, I actually wanted to ask you this much earlier, but it kind of slipped my mind... so, what actually happened that day when I called your mom? You know, because of the whole intruder thing. I know that you've said that nothing happened but I honestly don't believe you. I mean, I've heard the loud crash in the background, too", she said referring to the broken window.

Damn, I haven't told her yet. But should I tell her now or not? After all she is my best friend.

„Eva? Hey? Don't zone out", her snapping her fingers in front of the camera brought me out of my thoughts.

I sighed and decided to tell her, "Okay, Ava you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone about this. Okay?"

She nodded, "I promise"

"Okay, so uhm... on that day there was actually an intruder in our house. The crash that you heard was the sound of broken glass. At first I thought that it was some dangerous robber, who broke into the house but it was actually an innocent girl. She ran away from home because her stepdad is an alcoholic asshole, who needs to go to jail"

Ava's mouth hung open, "Holy- I didn't expect this. Is she okay now?"

"I don't know to be honest but I hope so. We're trying to arrange a court date for her"