In between the memories

"IF you're looking for someone, Aiden, I can pull that string."

I looked at Nacho, may executive assistant. I don't know how he managed to say that. Am I that obvious? Does it really show that I am looking for someone and yet I don't want to do anything about it because I don't think it's the right move. I took the folders he gave me earlier and nodded at him. He didn't leave, he stood there, looking at me with that expression on his face.

"Aiden, I know some people—"

"It's okay, Nacho. I'm not looking for anyone." LIES. A part of my brain shouted. I know I am lying. I am looking for someone. I'm looking for a certain Malaya Santos. It's been a month since I met her, not really sure if I did meet her or if she's just a pigment of my imagination because I got so lonely at the hospital after that accident.

I have no proof that she ever existed and I was so scared that I was going crazy, thankfully Nurse Lizzy told me that Malaya was real and that she was transferred to another hospital because her condition got worse. Unfortunately, she has a heart disease, a kind of sickness that needs a transplant, I wanted to know where she is, but they couldn't give me that information, I am not related to her, we were just strangers who found comfort with each other at that time... It's not much, but I felt amazing.

"Good morning, Honey!"

My thoughts were pulled back to reality after hearing Penelope's voice. She came today, Nacho told me that I need to have a public appearance with Penelope, people are starting to think that we already broke up just because I wasn't with her to some social gatherings. I looked at her. She's wearing her signature luxury brands, she's a walking million. Lumapit siya sa akin para hagkan ako sa labi, she even sat in my lap.

"So, Honey, I was thinking of having lunch with you today. I called some people to circulate our photos, para naman matahimik na iyong mga bitch na iyon sa kakasabi na iniwanan mo na raw ako. Like, you wouldn't do that. I am doing so wel as your fiancée and I am taking care of Isabella, treating her like my own daughter, so, you wouldn't leave me or anything like that. I just can't tell them that your absence was caused by that stupid accident of yours. God, buti talaga hindi ka nabulag kasi if ever, who's gonna take care of you?"

"I'm busy." I said to her.

"What?"

"You heard me, Penelope, I'm busy. I cannot go out to lunch. I have tons of paper works right now. The bank, the investors, the board members, I have to take care of all of them because of that absence caused by my stupid accident, so if you don't mind, please leave. I have a lot to do."

"But Nacho said you want to have lunch with me! Paano ang reservations natin!"

"You can still eat there. I will still pay for it. Now go." I signaled Nacho to escort my fiancée to the door. Wala naman siyang nagawa, she looked pissed but she knows that I need to do things. Penelope is a socialite, she is the daughter and the sole heir of a fashion company, she knows the ins and outs of the business field and she knows that in order for me to stay in power I need to work my ass off.

But as of that moment, I didn't want to work. I just sat on my chair, admiring the beauty of the blue skies, which made me think of Malaya again.

"I love blue skies. You cannot see it as of this moment, but the sky today is blue with some sort of cutely shaped clouds."

"Why do you love them?"