The one with Hyan

"Hyan..."

It was the bottle of whiskey, telling myself that it's a dream, that this isn't it, that I would wake up later, gasping for air, crying and feeling that overwhelming pain in my chest, but you'll be there, you'll enclose me in your warm hugs and caress my back while you whisper comforting words in my ear, you'll tell me that you'll never leave me, that you'll are there and that you love me so much, Abel, I want to believe that you will never leave me alone like what you promised me that day when we got married, that I would still be looking in your eyes, you eyes that is full of love for me and our family...

"Hyan, it's time. Everyone is waiting for you."

I gripped on the bottle of whisky tighter. Hyron's warm but calculated voice tells me that nothing of what I was thinking would happen because, Abel, you're just simply gone.

Tears started falling down my cheeks again. I was gasping. You promised me that we would have forever, Abel, and that's a long time, you promised that you'll take care of me forever, but why the fuck did you leave me just now?

"Hyan—"

"He said forever, Hyron..." My heat shattered, my voice was shaking and my body shook uncontrollably when my twin brother held my arm to pull me closer to him. He took the bottle fo whiskey away from me, even the glass that I was holding, he pushed the stray hair on my face and made me look at him.

"If he had a choice, Hyan, Abel would want to stay. He would stay because he loves you and your kids too much despite of his weak heart and deteriorating health, he would stay for you. That's how much he loves you."

No, that's not true, if you really love me, Abel, you would be here with me today. I know that you have been taking care of me ever since. You sacrificed a lot for me and the kids. You took care of all of us all your life, you are a dedicated husband, a loving father and an excellent homemaker, but you should've waited for me, I wanted to take care of you too.

Abel... Abel... Abel...

I cried harder when Hyron tightened his embrace.

"He quit work... " I said while sobbing. "Because he saw how much I was struggling to be just the mother of his kids. One day, he came home, all smiles while I was sticky and dirty from all the poop and pee of our eldest. He looked at me and said that I was meant for bigger things, that being a mother is one of my greater achievement, but he knew that me being in that 32nd floor of our building would be my greatest achievement. He wanted me to lead the company, and he said that he'll be the one taking care of the household. He made me feel that it's okay, and I fell for him even more."

"It's okay, Hyan..."

"He always puts us first – and I try so hard to make him feel that he is my first. I love him so much, Hyrnon, but he left..."

"Hyan, calm down, okay. You need to be there. Your children need you. Abelardo loves you, if you want him to see how much you love him, be there for him, even for this last time."

I melted in Hyron's arm. How I wished that Able was just like Hyron, that maybe he got tired and faked his death, but it's not like that. I cried harder but after some minutes, I bit my lower lip, I stood up straight and made sure that there aren't any tears left. I can do this. This would be the last time...