Intro

DISCLAIMER: ALL CHARACTERS BELONG TO SHANNON MESSENGER!!! There will also be dialogue in my story that Shannon Messenger came up with, because it is just the story from Keefe's POV.

.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey everybody!!! I'm Elena, a 14 year old KOTLC enthusiast. Hardcore Sokeefe shipper here!!! I am always wanted all of the KOTLC books from Keefe's POV, but let's be honest, we aren't getting that any time soon, so I decided to write all of the moments in KOTLC between Keefe and Sophie from his perspective! It all started one night in my room, when I was bored...and so I decided to sit down and start writing. I had the idea to write how Keefe felt about Sophie and soon it turned into this really long story set at the end of Legacy when Keefe's mom is helping him realize his legacy. (I went back and actually read this part in Legacy and my rewrite isn't anything like it, but still...) I had my siblings and all of my friends read it, and they loved it! So...I decided to keep writing! I will post the legacy snippet I wrote below, and then in future chapters I will start writing from book 1! I hope you all enjoy this half as much as I do! Happy reading!!! 

.

*SPOILER ALERT* READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

.

The last thing I remember seeing was a streak of black and one of shimmery white. My body felt like it was being shattered into a thousand tiny pieces with no hope of repair. Even Elwin couldn't fix this. I was being chewed by one of my mom's stupid gorgodons and then spit out and stopped on. All while falling down into a deeper, darker, scarier hole. I tried to scream for help, but my voice wouldn't work. I was growing weaker and weaker. I heard Sophie's voice then...in my head, begging me to hold on...but I couldn't. The black seemed inviting after what I had just endured. I wanted to sink into the walls and curl up in a ball and never return...I was so tired and in so much pain. But Sophie kept pushing on, refusing to let me go. She always was so stubborn.

That was one of the things I loved so much about her. Ever since I met Sophie, everything about her drew me in. Her emotions radiated off her body in a way that either shone like sunlight or pierced my heart like the blackest night. Her pain was my pain, her joy was my joy. From that day forward, she was my confident, my friend, my protector. She was the shoulder I yearned to lean on when everything felt hopeless...when the scarred, emotional boy underneath the countless layers of jokes and sarcasm made its way to the surface. She was the first person I would tell my secrets to...with zero hesitation because I trusted her one hundred percent. She understood my pain and helped me through it every time. I longed for us to be something more. Since day one, I knew I liked her, but over the years I'd grown to love her.

I hate being away because I can't protect her. I can't cry with her if I need to. I can't feel her pain, or her joy, or even the feelings she has around Fitz. As much as I hated it, I just wanted her to be happy. Even if that meant never revealing myself. She deserved to choose who she wanted, and if Fitz was who she wanted, then I would have to settle for her best friend, her protector.

Maybe it would all work out in the end. If this wasn't the end. I started to choke up as I realized I would never see her smile again, or see the way she looked at me when I cracked a joke, or the way her face twisted in worry when I felt sad, or the way she scowled at me when I did something stupid. I would never be able to tell her how I felt, or how she made me feel. I wouldn't even get to say goodbye. Then I realized...even if I couldn't come back for myself, maybe I could come back for her.

I held onto Sophie as if she was my lifeline. And she was, because she was the only thing between returning to reality and facing certain destruction. I let her coax me to the surface, though it was much more painful there. She helped me find my brain's nook and then she lost her connection. I hoped she was okay. I hoped I would be safe here. Even if I wasn't, I had to find someway to hold on...for her. For me. For everyone. I could fix this. I didn't care what my mom said about my stupid legacy. I would never play into her silly little mind games and let her win. That couldn't ever happen. I just needed to find a way to fight off the darkness so I could stay safe until I regained consciousness. I needed a plan for when I came back. I knew I couldn't do this alone, but right now I was alone. I had never been so alone...

Then, everything went black...