unspoken

Max's P.O.V

"Why are you staying so long there again?" Lizzy asked.

I gave a sigh, if it was up to me I would've been there long time ago. I hated being away from Lizzy and the kids.

"It seems like the Alpha here wants us to stay a bit longer so we can assure the new treaty." I told her.

Lizzy gave a small sigh; I knew she was making that little frown of hers she always made when she was upset.

What I wouldn't do to be able to kiss that frown away.

"Alright, but I want you home soon. I miss you and so do the kids." Lizzy said.

"I miss you all too." I said and saw that Taylor entered the room gesturing me that it was time.

"Do you have a date?" Lizzy asked.

"I don't know yet, I can't tell you exactly what day I will be back but soon. I have to go, we have a meeting." I told her.

"Kay, love you." Lizzy said with a sad sigh.

"Love you too." I said back before I hanged up.

"Is everything okay back home?" Taylor asked me once I was off the phone.

"Everything is fine, though I think you should be leaving this afternoon." I said.

"Why?" Taylor asked me.

"Savannah could give birth at any moment and I'm not going to let you miss the birth of your first child, I've been there before and believe you don't want to miss the chance of holding your baby for the first time." I said.

"What about you?" Taylor asked.

"I'll be fine; I have my beta and some of the pack members. I also want you to be there so you can keep an eye on Lizzy and the kids; we don't want a vampire to be lurking around while we're both here." I said.

"You're right." Taylor said.

We soon got outside and I looked around, everyone was ready.

"Are you ready Maximilian?" Louis asked me.

I nodded.

"Let's go haunt those vampires down." I said before we all shifted.

There was no way I was going to let them get near my mate of kids, they were mine.

Liz's P.O.V

"You are out of your mind Zac!" I said as I backed away from him.

"You know this is not my fault, you were the one that somehow showed to my uncle that we are the very merry little family." Zac said.

I gave a scoff.

"So, this is my fault now?" I said raising my voice.

"What did you tell him anyway the other day that he was here?" Zac asked me.

"Nothing, just what you wanted me to. I said that you and I were happily married, we had the kids and everything was perfect in the pack. What else was I supposed to do?" I asked him.

I hated the fact that I had to lie but especially the fact that I had to make my kids lie in some way, they were only four but I had been blessed with two very smart children.

"He wants to meet us again." Zac said.

I looked at him.

"Fine, when?" I asked.

"This afternoon, in a park I convinced him that I wanted it to be in public." Zac said.

"Fine, I'll do it but this will have to be the last time, I'll see if my mum or Emma can take care of the kids." I said.