family issues

Liz's P.O.V

"Are you okay, you haven't said a single word since the party ended?" Emma said as she got near me.

I shook my head.

"No, I'm fine Em." I told her.

"Are you sure about that?" Emma asked me in a wary tone.

I nodded.

"Yeah, I just. Did Max ever mention that he had an uncle Enzo?" I asked her.

Emma looked at me.

"He is your husband, not mine." Emma said with a simple shrug.

I gave a sigh and rolled my eyes at her.

"Obviously but what I mean is, did he ever mention that name even if it was randomly?" I asked her.

"Not that I can recall of, I thought all the family Max had was Zac, his half-brother and that's it. Where does this come from?" Emma asked me curiously.

"The day of the party when the guys came to visit Savannah I found Braden and Dawn in the beach with a man, he said that he knew the Alpha, that he was his uncle, uncle Enzo to be more exact." I said.

"This is the first time you spoke to him?" Emma asked me.

I nodded.

"Actually, it was the very first time I ever heard about an uncle Enzo, why do you think Max never told me about him? Max has always said that besides us and Zac he has no other family members, why do you think he lied to us?" I asked her.

Emma shrugged.

"Honestly, I don't know, but I think it's the best that you ask him once he is back from the meetings of the pack." Emma said.

I gave a sigh, Emma was right about it I just couldn't call Max when I perfectly knew that he had gone to other territories for some meetings with former and current Alphas.

"So how are the things doing with finding your sister?" I asked her.

Emma took a deep breath and shook her head.

"We still have no idea where she could be, the last time I saw Diana was before I was kidnapped but now it's like the earth swallowed her alive leaving no trace of her." Emma said in a sad voice.

"Don't jump into the worst conclusion Em, what if your sister Diana is looking for you ever since you were kidnapped?" I asked Emma.

Emma nodded but she was still not convinced.

"Liz, Nick and I have been talking." Emma started to say.

I gave a small groan.

"Why do I have the gut feeling that I won't like what you're about to say, you got the face and tone of bad news you know?" I told her.

Emma gave a small smile.

"Nick already asked Taylor for permission and he granted both of us to leave the territory." Emma said.

I looked at her shocked.

"Leave, but why would you leave?" I asked her.

"Relax Lizzy; it wouldn't be forever just temporarily I couldn't stand to be that long away from you." Emma said.

"Where would you go?" I asked her.

"To New York, I need to go back to where things started to see if anyone has an idea of where Diana could be; besides I think it would be nice if my mother knew that I was alive but first I would have to find her of course." Emma told me.