38.

"what do you think will happen with this rumoured villain attack?" shoto asks, aimlessly playing with your hair from where your head is resting on his lap.

izuku sits opposite him at the top of his bed, twiddling the drawstrings of his grey hoodie between his fingers. (you'd washed it again straight away after aizawa left.)

"who knows?" izuku responds, gaze fixed on his hoodie. "1-a are always going to be targets for villains, no matter how tight ua makes security. kind of a blessing and a curse that we're so well-known."

"yeah," you sigh, tracing circles on shoto's knee. "but this is what we train for, the whole reason we're here. might as well make the most of it."

"strange way of thinking about it," izuku mutters, and you kick his leg harshly. "ow, fucking bitch!"

"shut up, crybaby, your quirk can do literally anything," you whine and kick him again.

"hey, your quirk is good, too," shoto reassures softly, stroking your face now instead of your hair.

"oh, i'm not saying it isn't!" you smile up at him. "you and i are kind of the same. half-and-half bastards."

"you're not a bastard," shoto replies, completely serious, and you roll your eyes before leaning up to peck his lips.

"no. i'm not," you agree. "but izuku is."

"yeah and you're a bitch," izuku quips, now busy on his phone.

"hey, i was thinking," shoto says, soft in the near silence of izuku's room. "why don't we try and come up with a special move that the three of us can use together against villains? since our quirks specialise in different things."

you sit up quickly, eyes sparkling as you balance yourself with your hands on shoto's knees.

"shoto, that's a great idea!" you beam, looking behind you at izuku who was actually paying attention now. "what kind of move were you thinking?"

"well, you and midoriya focus on close combat and i'm more of a long-distance fighter," shoto starts, looking between you and izuku as he speaks.

it's true that the two of you are really only good at close combat fighting, and while izuku was starting to learn how to control wind pressure with his quirk, you still hadn't found a style of long-distance fighting that suited your quirk. you'd spoken to hatsume from the support course a few times and she always seemed ro find difficulty in creating an item to help you develop your quirk for long-distance combat. so if shoto had an idea for that, then you were definitely all ears.

"i know it can sometimes be difficult to fight close combat against opponents, especially those whose quirks are similar to mine in that they focus on long-distance. that's why i think it's best for us to create a move we can move in any situation," shoto continues. "with my ice, i could create a ramp similar to the one we used to rescue bakugo from the league, and midoriya could launch you, y/n, with his quirk at the enemy.

"since midoriya's quirk is very speedy, the enemy will most likely not have much time to react or prepare and when y/n's close enough to touch them, she could use her quirk and break their bones. and, god forbid, but if she were to get hurt in the process then she could just heal herself."

as you listened, you were nodding your head in approval, looking back at izuku every so often to see him doing the same.

"that's amazing, todoroki!" he exclaims, eyes bright. "what about your flames? we must be able to do something with those, too?"

shoto presses a hand to his chin, thinking. "do you remember at the provisional license test? yoarashi."

"the one you fought with?" you ask, and shoto nods.

"yes. in the end we created a move with his wind power that started a fire whirlpool," shoto recalled. "if we could learn how to control midoriya's wind control more then maybe we could use something like that?"

"where would i come to play in that?" you ask, looking between midoriya and shoto.

"i'm not sure there," shoto answers honestly. "we wouldn't want you to get hurt by throwing yourself at the flames. you may be able to heal but we don't want to leave scars."

"yeah and i've been burnt enough times by this bitch already," you quip, glaring at izuku.

"how many times have i apologised for that, salty bitch?" izuku whines.

"not enough," you reply. "it would've been fine if it were my left hand but my right hand is my healing hand! i couldn't even heal myself afterwards!"

"sounds like a you problem, bitch. watch where you put your hand next time."

"watch where you put your fucking toastie machine."

"i'll shove that toastie machine up your ass if you're not careful."

"ooh, i'm so scared. not like i haven't had bigger things up my ass before."

"oh my god, izuku, gross."