Part 7: A Secret

I sat next to Max on her couch as she vented to me. I tried to listen because shes my friend, but I don't know if I was really listening.

"And I don't know if he's lying or not because I didn't actually see him while he claims to have been at the arcade with a friend. Who even is the friend, you know what I'm saying? Is it another girl? It's just so stressful."

"Maybe you just have trust issues. Lucas is a good guy, he'd never two time you like that," I assured.

"Uggh.. maybe. But still, I wanna know who he's hanging out with."

"Is that why you crying?"

".. no. I was crying because.. because of Eleven."

Eleven? I couldn't imagine how Eleven could ever make anyone cry, let alone Max.

"Why..?"

"Mike, you have to leave. I don't want to look at you anymore, just go." She pointed at the door.

"What?? Max, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Just leave!!"

I was flabbergasted

I was flabbergasted. Shocked. Confused. Then angry. If she wants me to leave then I'll leave. Might not even come back.

I stormed out of her house and onto my bike again. That bike is high quality transportation.

When I got home, my mom still wasn't there. My dad was trying to fix the tv by snacking it around a few times.

All I wanted to do was rest. Just relax for a while and close my eyes. I've been dealing with nothing but drama ever since school started. And obviously my sleep schedule went from 12 hours a day back down to 6. I snuggled up in my blankets and tried to sleep.

As I was drifting off, a sudden thump sound tore my eyelids apart. It sounded like it was coming from my window.

I took my blanket with me and wrapped in around my shoulders as I dragged my feet over to the window to see what was going on. I peered though and looked around. Suddenly, a rock hit the glass right in front of my face and made me flinch. "Jesus" I caught my breath.

I looked down at the nincompoop who threw it. That nincompoop was Lucas. Dustin was there as well. What do they want? It's like..

I checked the time on my alarm clock. It felt like it was 9pm but it was only 4:28.

Opening up my window, I looked down at them. "What?" I shouted.

"Party meeting at the Dustin's! It's hella important!!" Lucas relied.

"Uuugghhhg!!!" I shut the window and snuck out the back door so my dad wouldn't see me.

~~~~

"So what's this meeting about?" I asked, still feeling pretty sleepy.

Lucas immediately spoke up. "My girlfriend just broke up with me."

Dustin clapped and cheered while Lucas bowed and blew fake kisses to his fake audience.

"Wait why is this a good thing?"

"It's not. And it definitely won't be for you, Mike."

"How come?"

Lucas looked at Dustin. Dustin nodded and turned toward me. "Max likes your girlfriend."

What the fawk 😀?

It was starting to make sense. That's why she was so defensive when I asked about Eleven. That's why she kicked me out of her house. She's jealous of me. She's jealous of my relationship with Eleven.

"𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚝𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚞𝚙 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎. That's what you're thinking, right?" Lucas said, doing a really bad impression of me.

"What? No. And- How do you even know Max likes her?"

"Uh, she literally broke up with him. Obviously she'd have to give a reason," Dustin explained.

"Yeah. But she told me not to tell you, so please keep it a secret."

"Oh don't worry, we're probably never talking again anyways."

I walked home by myself. As I was passing Will's house, I saw him through the glass on his front door.

As he opened it, I tried to speed walk away before he could see me, but I was too late.

"Mike! Hey, do you wanna hang out?" He walked up to me.

(Sorry this chapter is so bad qwq. It's super rushed, but I promise the next one will be better.)