Part 9: Missed Out

I walked Will home. We stayed silent most of the walk, and he was in front of me. I never noticed before, but from the back, he kinda looks like a library nerd girl.

Once we got to his house, I picked up some speed so I can stand in front of him to say goodbye.

"I'll see you tomorrow bubs. It'll be just us, ok?"

"O-Ok. Bye."

Though I didn't say it, I felt terrible that I couldn't spend all of my time with him. But I had some things I needed to work out with Max and Eleven. Again.

It was too late in the day to go over to her house, and she probably wouldn't want me there anyways. So I decided that going home and calling her would be my best bet.

It was a little toasty in my room, so I turned on my fan before I dialed her number.

"Hello?" She answered after a few rings.

"Yeah hey, um, I heard from someone that you liked Eleven...? I'm just wondering if that's true or not.." I knew that I would regret bringing this up. I braced myself to be yelled at.

".....who told you that..?" I was surprised she didn't immediately start raising her voice at me.

"Um...."

"I said who fucking told you!!!!" There she is.

"So it's a yes then. I have no problem with it. Other than the fact that she's my girlfriend, so um, I would appreciate it if you, like,  talked to her a lot less, please and thank you."

"Listen, if it was Lucas, then he's lying. I didn't break up with him because I like Eleven, because I don't. I broke up with him because he's all up on other chics at the arcade."

She sounded a little insincere. All signs pointed to her liking Eleven, and I'm not sure why Lucas would lie about something like that. But I wasn't about to start any more drama.

"Ok Max. I believe you. Sorry for assuming it was true."

"Yeah, and you can go ahead and tell Lucas that next time he wants to talk about me behind my back, I'll make sure he'll never be able to talk again."

Before I could respond, she hung up. Our conversations are never long, especially not on the phone. I knew I wouldn't actually bring this up to Lucas. He told me how Max had said it keep a secret, so he probably wouldn't be happy if he found out that I'd told her anyways.

What am I gonna do tomorrow? I know it's weird of me to consider spending time with Will before thinking about my own girlfriend, but I've seen her everyday this summer, and I've only seen Will for like three days now. So it's only natural for me to want to be with him.

I guess the best idea would be to skip. The I.S.S lady probably won't even notice we're gone.

I'd planned to pick him up early so that the bus doesn't take him school before I get there.

Yeah, that's it. But where are we gonna go?

Everywhere, that's where we're gonna go.

The movies he never got to watch. The food he never got to taste. The sights he never got to see.

I'm gonna show him. All the time we'd spent without him, hanging out, getting to know each other, without Will. I personally, would hate to have missed so much. So I'm gonna show it to him. We'll watch a movie at the cinema, we'll fuck around in the woods, we'll definitely have to hit that ice cream place. They came out with a new flavor a few weeks ago, and the taste made me think of him. Not in a weird way, I just thought he'd like it.

Before I went to sleep, I decided to write some things down in my journal. Things we should do. Places we should go.

I wrote down some things about Eleven, too. I wrote about Max, and how I felt about her having feelings for Eleven. I wrote about Richie Tozier, and how he's always getting on my nerves. And I wrote about my mom, and how my dad pretends not to know about her cheating on him.

Writing has always been my way of expressing myself without speaking. My hand connects with my inner thoughts and begins writing what it sees. I don't even have to think it. It's things that are already there, hidden away where only my right hand can find them.

Nobody even knows about this. Nobody knows I write. Except for Will. He pretty much knows everything about me.

Well, not everything. There's still a lot that I have to tell him. And I plan to.

Covering up with my blankets and closing my eyes, I looked forward to our day together. I couldn't wait to see him.

That was, until I had that dream.

It was similar to the one I had before. The one where Will's eyes poured blood, and the walls caved in on us before he jumped at me. But this time, I could hear him. He repeated the words "du gehörst zu mir" over and over again.

It might've been a suppressed memory from when I took German classes in 8th grade. I couldn't remember what "du gehörst zu mir" meant, though.

Hell, I didn't even remember how to say, "can I have directions?"

I mean, it's not like I'll ever need that information in the real world. I'm not going to Germany any time soon.

I had to have remembered some of it. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been in my dream. Dreams are made up of mixes of past memories after all. So what does "du gehörst zu mir" mean...?

I guess it's not that big of a deal. If I stress over it too much, I'll just be stressed even more when I can't even remember the dream. And besides, nightmares about the nicest person I know are all bullshit anyways.

I really shouldn't talk about him like that.

That's like gushing over how hot some chic is while your wife is sitting right next to you.

And boys are.. not my thing. Not that I see anything bad about it. Will is gay, and he's still my best friend. I just don't think I could ever like him in that way. Or any guy, for that matter.

But.. I mean, I have had some... pretty weird thought about him. And not only him, I mean boys in general.

Some guys are attractive I suppose. After watching the outsiders, I felt extremely confused.

Maybe I like girls and boys. That would be pretty weird I think. Liking both? Is that even a thing?

... yeah. Yeah it is, cuz I just made it one. I like girls and boys. I like girls and boys!!!

And then I passed out again. Hopefully my alarm clock will wake me up in time to pick up Will tomorrow.

(Sorry it's short!! Next part will be some more wholesome Byler tho! And then it'll get dark cuz this isn't a fluff fic, it's a spooky one >:))