New Life's Eve

Aimee hated living in a care home. There was always some form of chaos going on and she could never get a minute of peace.

Obviously there were plenty of kids to make friends with, but watching them get fostered and leave was the worst. That was why Aimee was as happy as she was.

When she first came into foster care she went to Burnywood, that was where she met her Liam O'Donovan. Her bestfriend, along with Frank of course.

Today was the day he came back from his ex foster home. Liam had been Aimee's partner in crime and the one time he pulled a scam on his own, it just happened his foster parents had enough.

Aimee was sitting in the hall awaiting his arrival, Tracy storming up the stairs, going to hoover.

Aimee rolled her eyes at her childish behaviour. Tracy had promised to help Carmen into Lily's room, but instead she showed up late and didn't help at all. That whole morning was a mess.

Mike walked in after what felt like years with Liam's bags, Frank following behind him.

"Where is he?" Aimee asked, very excited to see Liam.

"He was right behind me." Mike told the girl, it sounding more like a question.

Aimee realised where he must be, her suspicious confirmed when she heard screams from upstairs. She ran towards the noise, into Poppy and Roisie's.

"So I guess this ain't my room no more." Liam says as he struggles to get through the window.

"Clearly not." Aimee says, chuckling. "You're finally back!"

"Oh hey Aims, a little help here?"

She pulls the boy up, helping him in, seconds before Gina and Mike storm into the room.

"Oh for goodness sake! Could you not come in the front door like everybody else?" Gina asks. "What did you think you were doin', huh? What you want to end up a pile of broken bones on the floor?"

"Oh nice to see you too Gina, see this is why I didn't want to walk through the front door." He sighs dramatically and walks towards the door. "So where am I staying then?"

***

"The pink palace" Liam announces "My favourite."

"We'll help paint it." Frank says, gesturing between him and Aimee. She nods her head enthusiastically.

"Entertainment is better than I remember." Liam gestures to the dancing girl in the room while recording her.

"She works here." Aimee tells the boy as she turns around.

"Oh hey Liam." Tracy greets him.

"Oh hey. Writing career going on well then?" He asks her. Everyone stares at them in confusion and they seem to get the hint as Liam gasps. "Oh! Yeah, we met in prison."

Everyone then turns to look at Tracy.

"We met at the police station." She clears up. The relief in Tee's face is evident and Aimee thought it was quite amusing.