Aimee's Mum

I was messing around with Liam in my room when he took the most unflattering photo of me ever. He found it hilarious and started laughing while i begged him to delete it.

"Liam!" I scream. He starts running downstairs, laughing and I chase him. "Delete that now-" I stop when I see her.

My mum.

"Hello sweetheart." She says and smiles at me.

"No! Go away!" I start to run back upstairs.

"Aims!" Liam says as he follows me up. I go straight into my room, onto my bed and feel tears start to slip. Liam walks in and comes over to me and hugs me.

"What is she doing here? She's meant to be in Ireland." I cry into his shoulder.

"It's ok." He says. "Mike won't let her see you unless you want to. She's gone now."

"I don't know why she came. I don't want her here. I hate her and she clearly never cared about me." He was about to say something when Tracy came in.

"Liam can you go downstairs so I can talk to Aimee for a minute?" She asks.

"Yeah. I'll come back up after." He squeezes my hand before he walks out of the room.

"Hi." She says. "I told your mum I'd give you this. Do you want me to bin it instead." I shake my head and take the dolls out of her hands, setting it beside me. "I'm really sorry about what happened. I thought she'd been given permission. And well, I guess I thought you'd be happy to see her."

"She left me with nothing and promised she would come back soon. She never did. Until now anyway."

"Sounds like my mum, she used to do the same." She pulls me into a side hug.

*Meanwhile downstairs*

"Poor Aimee. " Tee says sympathy.

"Poor Aimee? Hasn't seen her mum in what, well not since we've been here. And then screams her head off and runs away, how dumb is that? No way her mum's going to come back now." Johnny says, taking a shot on the pool table.

"Who cares? They're just parents." Sapphire states.

"Uh, you don't know what's gone on." Liam says. "She's got reasons why she doesn't want to see her mum. How do you know she's not like your dad?"

"He's not our dad. And how would you know?"

Aimee kept her life before Elmtree very private. None of the other children knew anything about her parents or why she was there, but none ever asked. Liam, Frank and Sapphire being the only exceptions. They others knew Aimee would just get mad and upset.

"Because she told me. But she's still your mum though anyways, isn't she? I don't see her fighting to get you back."

"Liam." Tee says as she stands up.

"You take that back." Johnny says as he points his pool cue at Liam.

"Huh! Make me." Johnny hits Liam with his pool cue and they start to fight each other. Soon Mike and Gina come in and get them to stop.