Refugees

Two foreigners came to the DG last night. They didn't know where they were or where they came from.

Liam was acting really weird, when one of them said something to me. I didn't understand what he said and I know for a fact he didn't either, but he was acting really weird, jealous even.

I just shake the thought away and we all play football. The mood is ruined when one of the boy's tops come up and his back is covered is scars.

We were all told to go inside so Gus can investigate them.

***

At lunch Gus tells us what happened to them and how they had came from Africa.

Mike tells us they won't be staying and that immigration services are coming. We decide to hide them in the attic so they aren't taken away.

Later I am sitting with Sapphire when Tracy rings and asks us to come babysit Carmen, Lily and Tee because she has to go back to the DG for a while. Sapphire tells her we will do it for 30 quid each and eventually she gives in.

Me and Sapphire go inside and the living room is a tip. The younger girls are off doing something while we both make lunch. Sapphire is cutting chillies and I am getting plates out.

I needed to ask her something about Liam, i needed to ask someone about it and i knew i could trust her. Apart from Liam and Frank she is my best friend.

"Sapph, I need to ask you something."

"Yeah?"

"Well.. If you and a boy liked eachother and hadn't labelled anything yet, how would you go about doing that?" She looks up at me shocked.

"What? You and Liam?" She says and I just look at her baffled.

"I didn't say that!"

"Don't act an idiot Aimee. I can see how happy you both are when you're together and how jealous he was when you were talking to one of the new boys earlier. He looks at you as if you're the only person in the world. Even when we went to Burnywood I could tell you missed him. You acted different and if I wasn't your best mate I would probably have been scared of you."

I laugh at her response.

"Could you really tell?" She just nods her head and i sigh.

"So what do you think i should do about it?"

"Well the only thing you can do is talk to him about it. And don't think it will ruin anything you already have. If he cares about you that much, which he clearly does, he'll listen."

"Thanks Sapph. Also, can you promise not to tell anyone, I mean you know how it is in the DG."

She wraps her pinky finger around mine.

"Promise."

Two minutes later her phone rings and I go see what the girls are doing. They say they are going to have a spa day and get up to mush avocados on the chopping board.

Tee comes into the kitchen, knocking things over in the process.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" I ask going over to her.

"Carmen what have you done? My eyes are burning." Lily asks with a scared tone.

"I haven't done nothing." She says. Me and Sapphire then realise what they had done.

"Oh you idiots! You saw me chopping chillies on here!" Sapphire exclaims.

"Chillies, Sapph are you joking?" Tee asks.

"No, Carmen!" She gets up and knocks the table over. Causing the candles to light the place on fire. We all run out until I realise that Tee is still inside.

Sapphire calls 999 and I run back inside, ignoring Sapphire shouting my name.

"Tee! Tee!" I shout, trying to find her in the smoke.

"Aimee! I'm in the kitchen... I think." I start to run to the kitchen, burning my arm in the process. I ignore the burning and find Tee.

"Come on. Let's go." I help her up and bring her outside as fast as possible.

When we get outside the firemen are there and start to run inside. Sapphire rushes over to me and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Oh my god! Are you ok?" She asks in concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just burnt my arm a bit." I show her my arm and realise that it is actually pretty big.

"Oh my-"

When the fires out we all go back inside and wait for Tracy.

"Sapphire what happened?" Tracy asks her as she walks in.

"Look, don't blame me, I called 999 and don't blame Aimee either. She saved Tee."

As soon as Sapphire said that Cam came in.

"Tracy!"

Gina bandaged my arm. She tells me that the boys had left and were getting fostered by a nice family.

That's good, at least they aren't getting sent back.

Once I had finished I walked upstairs to my room and see Liam sitting on my bed waiting.

As soon as I walk into the room he rushes over to me and pulls me into a very tight hug.

"Are you ok? What happened?" He asks, examining the bandage on my arm.

"Well there was a fire and I burned myself saving Tee." I tell him.

"Well a little bit more context than that."

"That's is too long of a story."

"I'm just glad you're okay." He says hugging me again and kissing my forehead. "I can't believe my girlfriend could of died."

I pull away from him for a second to look at his face.

"Girlfriend?"

He starts to stutter over his words and goes red in the face. I've never seen him like this before.

"Well- If it's okay with you-"

I cut him off and kiss his cheek.

"It's more then okay."

Like I said before, stuff like this spreads around the DG like wildfire.

979 words.

a/n

they official cxx