Money

I would say that at least some people were surprised by the news, but that would be a big lie. Everyone had expected it to be honest.

Mike and Gina had gave us this big lecture about it and that just because we live in the same house doesn't mean we can just sneak off or anything. It was very awkward and unnecessary. They both know that we do that anyway.

Although Frank was a bit angry we didn't tell him earlier he got over it quickly.

The worst thing about being together while living in the same home is the endless teasing.

For weeks anytime we were together all we heard were 'Aw's, kissing noises and countless sarcastic comments. It took a while and some threatening but eventually they got bored and now its a rare occasion we hear anything of the sort.

It also turns out that Tee had won the bet between her, Carmen and Lily, the one they placed years ago. That was a well awaited 20 quid made.

We were playing football out the back, we being me Frank, Liam and Toby. When Liam goes to kicks the ball some sirens go off, making him kick the ball into the trees.

"What was that?" He asks as we walk into the trees. "Aims get the ball please."

I walk over to the ball when someone throws a duffel bag in. I look up and see a figure running away. The boys come back and see me looking into the bushes.

"What's going on? What are you doing?"

"Where'd he go?" I ask, looking around.

"Who?"

"The man who threw that."

I point at the duffel bag. Liam looks at me before going to see what is in it. I open the bag and there is a lot of money in it. There must be hundreds of thousands there!

"This money's gotta be dodgy!" Toby says. "You don't just dump a bag of cash if it's legit!"

"Dead right." Frank agrees.

"They can't ask for it back then, can he.." Liam says.

"We can't just take it, that's stealing."

"Finders keepers, losers weepers." I say. "That's the law."

"You don't actually think that's the law."

"Yeah. The point is the guy's a crook. So we deserve it more than he does, right?"

"But what if he comes back?"

"Good point. Let's get this stuff inside, come on." Liam says closing the bag and lifting it. Me, Liam and Frank start to walk back in, with Toby trailing behind. We walk to the stairs when Tracy walks out the back door. We all hide behind the wall. "Distract her and get to the front door as soon as you can."

I nod and start to run up the stairs.

"Hi Tracy." I say walking past. When I get to the steps I pretend to fall. "Argh! Ow!"

Tracy comes rushing over.

"Aimee are you alright?" She asks. I continue to say things like 'Ow' until I see Liam and Frank run.