6: EX girlfriend

I immediately pulled away from Judd and stared at the girl that was panting in front of me. "Judd." She was completely out of breath, as if she'd been running all the way to his apartment.
"Maisy, what the fuck are you doing here." Judd's voice had suddenly become scarily low and sounded exactly like when he'd talk to someone he hated. I recognised his tone of voice instantly. I was trying to piece together what was happening but it didn't add up and suddenly my mind started thinking all sorts of things, it was very classic of me to jump straight to conclusions, but what else could I think when a girl turns up at Judd's home panting and looking like she hadn't got an ounce of rest either (she had very dark circles around her eyes). 

There was a bad feeling forming in my stomach and I knew something wasn't right, my gaze kept flickering from the brunette and Judd, trying to figure out what the fuck was going on. They were currently glaring at each other, Judd looked like he wanted to punch this girl. The girl on the other hand was staring at me with a confused look on her face. "Who's this girl Judd?" She muttered with a low voice as well, I furrowed my eyebrows. What did she mean by that, was I going to have to beat the shit out of another girl? 
"Maisy, this is my girlfriend." 
"B-But I-" She seemed at a loss for words, as if she was surprised. 
"Who are you?" I asked politely, not intending to be rude in any way. Despite my kind tone she shot me the dirtiest look I'd ever received in four years. I glared back at her, unimpressed. 
"I'm his girlfriend-"
"No your not, and you haven't been for a good year." Judd replied instantly, I mentally facepalmed. Secretly though I was glad that he had cleared that up. Maisy looked at him with a hurt expression. 

I had to admit she was very pretty and I was secretly jealous of the fact that Judd had got with other girls, but I pushed that childish thought to the back of my head and focused on the present. "How did you get in?" Judd asked, breaking the awkward silence that had settled in the room, the tension though was so thick you could probably cut it with a knife. Maisy was awkwardly fiddling with a pair of keys in his hand. On it was something I recognised instantly, it was a keyring I had given Judd years ago for his birthday. 
"I-I used the spare key that you hide under the doormat." She confessed and threw the keys on the floor angrily before storming out of the room. 

"Crazy bitch." Judd muttered under his breath before going and picking up the keys off the floor and putting them in a jar that was placed on top of one of his dressers. 
"You still have my keychain." I said with a small smile on my face. I had to admit I was slightly disappointed our sweet moment had been ruined by that girl but I couldn't deny the fact that I was curious as to why she had turned up in the first place, what did she want to say? Judd smirked and then threw himself back onto the bed, tucking his arms behind his head comfortably. 
"Obviously...(Y/n), how many times do I have to tell you that I never stopped loving you." He muttered, immediately grabbing my waist and pulling me closer to him. I snuggled into his chest and enjoyed a moment of peace, finally feeling safe in his arms. His words comforted me in a way that I thought wasn't possible anymore. 

We talked for the next few hours until Judd fell asleep, I needed the toilet so I slithered out of his grip and walked to the bathroom that I had passed by when I had entered. The window to the bathroom was slightly open and the faintest sound of crying could be heard from outside, curious I opened it and leaned out to see where it was coming from. What I saw made my heart drop , Maisy was curled up against the wall with her head in her knees quietly sobbing. I didn't know what to do but I decided it was best not to interfere so I splashed some cold water on my face to snap myself out of the bad feeling that was accumulating in my stomach. 

I couldn't help but feel sorry for the girl so I grabbed my coat and wrapped it around my shoulders, sliding on my shoes and making my way downstairs. I walked down the stairs and to where Maisy was sitting. She didn't notice me approach her so I cleared my throat and tucked my hands into my pockets. "H-Hey." I stuttered, not knowing how to start the conversation. 
Her head flickered up at me instantly, but when she saw me her face scowled and she put her head back into her arms, curling up tighter. 
"How did you find me?" She asked, sniffing slightly. 
"I heard you crying through the window and came to see if you were ok." I pointed to the window above her head and she scoffed. I didn't mind how rudely she was acting towards me, in a weird way I understood why she was being like this. 
"Of course I'm not ok, I just saw my ex-boyfriend- who I'm still in love with, with another girl." She sniffled again and my heart dropped, I truly didn't know what to say this time. It hurt to know that another girl was still in love with Judd, after finally I had got him back. 
"I'm sorry, I didn't know..." I replied after a moment of awkward silence. 
"Of course you didn't know, now fuck off I don't want your pity." She snapped angrily, I didn't want to fight her so I backed away. So I walked away slowly, she didn't try to stop me until I heard her mutter a sentence, quietly- but I still heard it nevertheless. 

"Fucking slut, I will get him back."
"Excuse me?" I replied, turning around to face her again. Maisy had lifted her head so that she was facing me, her head was still low though so her face was covered by her brown hair. 
"You heard me you fucking slut." She seethed, clearly getting angrier by the second but suddenly her face fell. 

"Don't you dare talk to her like that." Judd's voice came from behind me.