direct | todoroki shoto

date: 29 / 1 / 2021
word count: 870
warnings: strong language.
summary: even the smart todoroki could be oblivious at times.

"oi, half 'n half!" bakugo's called out angrily, stomping towards todoroki, who only removed his eyes off his food to give him a blank, yet questioning glare. "are you fucking dumb?"

"bakugo, please watch your language!"

they both ignored iida. "what?"

"i thought you fucking liked (y/n)." bakugo scowled, crossing his arms. todoroki blinked twice at him before nodding slowly, and bakugo's scowl only widened. "then why the fuck did you fucking reject him?"

"i... what?"

"i couldn't fucking careless about that extra's feelings, but he didn't accept my order to fight because he was sulking last night and didn't sleep or fucking whatever, so fix him." bakugo snapped, throwing him another glare before he headed back to the table he usually sat in. todoroki watched as he yelled something at (y/n), who was sleeping, prompting him to jump awake, his eyes wide.

"when did i reject him?" todoroki furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, turning to his friends, who seemed just as confused. "i like (y/n), why would i reject him?"

"okay, let's view this calmly." iida waved a hand. "when was the last time you spoke to him?"

"this morning. i told him 'hello' and he just gave me a tired smile."

"okay, let's rewind that." uraraka furrowed her eyebrow, tilting her head as she stared at the bi hair colored male. "yesterday? bakugo said he didn't sleep last night, so that obviously meant you rejected him yesterday."

"good thinking, uraraka." midorya nodded, prompting the brown-haired girl to flush slightly. "think about your conversations yesterday."

"we talked at breakfast, nothing really happened, he was just asking about my quirk." todoroki frowned. "we talked before class started, too, about homework. after english he asked me if I wanted to get dinner with him tomorrow night and I told him I did not want to, and we spoke after class too—"

"you what?"

todoroki blinked like a puppy. "we spoke after class."

"no, before that!"

"oh." todoroki paused. "he asked me if we could grab dinner tomorrow night, and I told him I did not want to."

"why would you tell him you did not want to?" uraraka shrieked, her eyes widening. todoroki frowned.

"i assumed a few people from his friend group were coming too, and i did not want to intrude. should i have not?"

"todoroki," iida paused, wondering how he could break it to the shorter boy, before he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "he was asking you out on a date."

todoroki's eyes widened. "he was?"

— ✦ —

"hey, (y/n)!" sero caught up with the visibly sleepy male, who managed to give him a small smile, using his hand to stifle his yawn right after. "i know you haven't slept last night, so i got you a copy of my notes."

"sero, you're a heaven-sent angel."

sero grinned smugly, handing him the papers. "i know. get some sleep tonight, this isn't going to happen again. also, good luck, because i think todoroki is walking behind us."

"huh?" the male blinked twice, but sero only gave him a wink, mouthing 'good luck' before he jogged away to bakugo, who was screaming at denki.

"(y/n)!" an emotionless yell ran through the hallway, making the (h/c) haired male jump as he turned around, grimacing when his eyes landed on todoroki. after the stoic male rejected him yesterday, he had expected the worst, and situations of whatever could happen next filled his head as he waited for the other male to catch up, chewing anxiously on his bottom lip. as soon as todoroki caught up, he cleared his throat, and (y/n) could swear he saw a hint of redness on the male's cheeks. "hello."

(y/n) blinked. "uh, hi?"

todoroki seemed to hesitate for a few seconds, before clearing his throat again, his fingers wrapping around (y/n)'s wrist, causing the boy to jolt back, almost tripping. todoroki opened his mouth, then shut it again before he stared over at something behind (y/n), nodding. when (y/n) glanced back, he saw midoriya, iida and uraraka standing in the kitchen, awkwardly whistling while trying to hide the large papers they were cleary holding behind their backs.

"i really like you." todoroki blurted out bluntly, and (y/n)'s eyes widened. if it wasn't for the light blush on todoroki's cheeks and the fact that the male almost never lied, (y/n) would have assumed it was a prank. "i apologize for rejecting your offer yesterday, i did not realize you were asking me out."

(y/n) blinked. "is this a dream?"

todoroki's lips lifted into a smile, and (y/n) almost passed out at the angelic sight. "i assure you, (y/n), this is real. so, is the offer still up?"

(y/n) nodded furiously. "yes."

todoroki's smile widened, and (y/n) subtly leaned on the wall when he felt like his knees might pass out at any time. "great, i am looking forward to our date. although, i may be a bit inexperienced with the entire concept of dating, so i apologize if i'm ever accidentally so direct."

"i'm sure that will never happ—"

"good. can you kiss me?"

"oh my god."