coffee | sero hanta

date: 8 / 2 / 2021
word count: 1100
warnings: strong language, drugs, small amount of angst (with happy ending), implied sucidal thoughts and sucide.
summary: sero finds out that his emotionless cold drug dealer could be an awkward rambling mess too, and despite his smooth facade, the boy does not know how to comfort people for shit. sero doesn't mind, tho.

sero stared at the road in front of him, wondering how he ended up there.

he had realized he liked (y/n) when he was laying in his bed once, unable to sleep.

he realized that he suddenly started not-so-accidentally finishing his weed faster than he even wanted and making awkward attempts to start a conversation with the emotionless male, trying to get to know him. the first time (y/n) cracked a smile sero nearly fainted, and when (y/n)'s smile began invading his thoughts, he was almost certain he liked his drug dealer.

when he started buying weed even though his wasn't even already done, he was sure he loved the (h/c) male.

so, when (y/n) offered once that sero drive around with him when he noticed sero looked upset, the black-haired male didn't hesitate to agree. sero didn't even bother telling (y/n) that he shouldn't drive when he was underage and without a license as he quietly nodded, earning a small smile from the other male as he unlocked the car doors.

"i'm cutting the amount of weed you smoke, by the way." (y/n) started the conversation smoothly. sero noticed how good he looked while he was driving, one hand on the steering wheel while the other rested on his thigh. sero also noticed the multiple silver rings on each hand.

"huh?" sero muttered once he realized what (y/n) said, his lips jutting out into a small pout. "why?"

"because it's beyond unhealthy at this point." (y/n) glanced at sero just to raise an eyebrow. "do you fucking sell that shit or something? i mean, that would be more reasonable."

sero's cheeks flushed in slight embarrassment. "i don't."

"then i'm definitely cutting down the amount you smoke." (y/n) gave him a small smile. "starting from today. how do you even pay for this shit? are you loaded or something?"

"not really."

(y/n) hummed softly, noticing that the boy's mood was still a little sour. "hey, i won't pry or anything, but are you okay? i know we're not that close, but you can always talk to me, sero."

(y/n) was answered with a small sniffle, making the male's eyes widened before he slowly pulled over the road, giving the silently crying male a small frown. "okay, fuck, wait, i'm awful at this. do you want food? do you want a hug? do you want a blunt? do you want coffee?"

a small watery chuckle stopped (y/n) from continuing. "a h-hug sounds good."

without any hesitation, the (h/c) haired male leaned over, wrapping the future pro hero boy into a warm, soft hug. sero decided he liked the way (y/n) smelled and how his hug seemed so gentle despite being comfortably tight. despite how happy he felt to hug the boy he loved, his soft sniffles slowly turned into loud sobs as the drug dealer slowly rubbed his back up and down, whispering soft comforting words into his ear.

sero chose to ignore the few colorful words that didn't fit that were mentioned.

when he finally calmed down after a few seconds, he pulled back,

violently wiping his tear streaked face. "i'm so sorry, a-about your shirt too."

(y/n) didn't seem to care. "are you okay now? fuck, that's a stupid question. do you want to get coffee? would that make you feel better? wait, it's late, you shouldn't have coffee, but there's this café with a fast drive thru i was planning to take you to, but—"

"you r-ramble a lot when you're nervous." sero let out a small shaky laugh. (y/n) shrugged off his jacket when he noticed that sero was shivering slightly, and sero didn't even bother protesting as he happily accepted it. "coffee sounds fine."

"good." (y/n) let out a small relieved sigh, making sero stifle a giggle. it was clear that he didn't comfort a lot of people, but sero could tell he was trying his best. "if you, uh, want to talk about it, i think i'm somewhat a good listener."

"it's fine, (y/n), you—"

"seriously." (y/n) cut him off, his eyes set on the road as he continued driving. "you look like you need to rant."

it was silent for a few seconds, before sero let out a small sigh. "i just... fuck, my quirk is so useless! how the fuck would i even be a hero with a tape quirk? i mean, bakugo's quirk is literally explosions, todoroki can make both fire and ice, mina can make acids, and midoriya is so fucking strong. i have tape, (y/n), tape!"

(y/n) stayed silent, his eyebrows furrowed as he continued listening to the boy ramble.

"even my elbows look weird! this is not a good quirk in any way or form, i should just fucking give up."

"they all break stuff."

sero blinked at (y/n), slowly wiping his tears. "what?"

"everyone you mentioned," the (e/c) eyed male hummed softly, taking a small drift. "they break and ruin stuff. you fix stuff, sero. plus, i personally think your quirk is awesome. you can easily tie up villains, and the tape is super strong too, so it's perfect for traps and everything. i don't think your elbows look weird, by the way, they look cool."

sero gaped at (y/n), who didn't seem to notice as he pulled up into the almost empty drive-thru.

"i don't know if this means anything to you, sero, but i think you're my hero." the male mentioned in a small whispered, fumbling with his wallet. "after all, without our daily visits, i don't think i would even be alive till today."

sero noticed (y/n)'s sour look, and decided not to push the subject further, but instead focusing on the first part of his statement. "i'm your hero?"

"yeah." (y/n) gave him a small smile. "i used to hate heroes before you came along. it doesn't matter if you're not an official hero yet, love, you're already my hero. oh, by the way, there's a small silver ring in the side of the door, it reminded me of you so i got it for you."

the next day, everyone watched as the boy who left last night with a small frown smiled brightly as he typed on his phone, a silver ring glistening brightly. when mineta tried to ask about it, he was taped to a wall a few minutes later, and that was everyone's cue to simply ignore the ring and sero's giggles as he texted.