glares | bakugou katsuki

date: 9 / 2 / 2021
word count: 1362
warnings: strong language, injuries, burns.
summary: bakugo doesn't understand what 'ask him out' really means, but everything still works.

(y/n) was considered the class's loner.

almost everyone liked him and he was well known, but he always chose to sit alone, politely declining every offer to hang out or sit with anyone. he was also quiet and mysterious, having a way with words that made you spill your life story out while not speaking a word about his. he was also always calm and soft spoken, his face blank of emotions with a gentle smile every now and then.

so, he was slightly confused when he was met by bakugo's glare the entire day of school. he hadn't spoken to the boy before, yet since he first entered the kitchen this morning, bakugo scowled at him harshly and narrowed his red eyes.

he did his best to avoid him, but even then, bakugo was always somehow where he was.

(y/n) was seriously confused. he have had a small crush on him since the school year has started so he made sure not to get into his way so the explosive male doesn't hate him, yet with his constant glares, (y/n) thought he did. bakugo, on the other hand, was lowkey panicking. he had just realized what his feelings were for the (h/c) haired male, so he had tried to keep an eye on him to be sure of his feelings, unknowingly scaring the boy.

"uh, bakugo, you might want to dial down the glaring." kirishima finally spoke, furrowing his eyebrows as the two stood in the kitchen. the angry blond turned to him with a scowl, but kirishima continued before he could. "many people asked me why you don't like him, and i'm honestly confused too. i mean, (y/n) may be kind of emotionless, but he's kind and polite. did you fight him and lose or something?"

bakugo sneered. "hah?! i wouldn't lose— wait, what? i don't hate (y/n)!"

"then why are you glaring at him so hard?" kirishima questioned, as confused as bakugo felt. they both turned to the male they were talking about, catching him typing something furiously on his phone. "you have been giving him a death stare since the morning!"

"i wasn't glaring, dumbass!" he snapped, his eyes remaining on the spoken of male. (y/n) lifted his head for a brief second before their eyes met and he flinched, returning it to his phone. "i was fucking staring! oi, why did he flinch?"

"maybe because you look like this when you 'stare'." the fake red haired boy deadpanned, using one hand to eat while the other held up his phone, showing the photo he had just taken of bakugo glaring. the blond male stared at the phone for a few seconds, before huffing, his face visibly softening. "why are you even staring at him in the first place?"

bakugo made sure kirishima swallowed his food first. "i fucking like him, dumbass."

somehow, kirishima still choked. it took about three minutes of bakugo ignoring him as he stared at the loner boy before he could finally breathe again, his eyes wide in surprise. "like romantically?"

"fucking obviously!"

"so what are you going to do?"

"ask him out." bakugo blurted out, pushing himself up. kirishima's eyes widened again, but he couldn't catch the wild blond in time before he was stomping over to where (y/n) sat. "oi! (y/n)!"

that gained the attention of the entire class as they watched carefully as the male jumped up slightly at the mention of his name, before blankly glancing over at bakugo, who had to suck in a deep breath as their eyes met before he reached over, grabbing the collar of (y/n)'s hoodie, pulling him off the couch. "fight me."