Comfy Surprises

Tumblr prompt: "You can go to sleep now. I will keep watch." (Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi)
Requested by JediGreyRose

Summary: Obi-Wan finds out an interesting thing about togrutas when he's on watch duty with his Grandpadawan.

~

Ahsoka yawned for what seemed like the fifth time that night. The 501st and the 212th were both stationed on planetside and they had set up camp in a clear area, with Ahsoka assigned to night duty with another clone trooper. Said clone trooper was currently on the opposite side of the shelter, leaving her alone with the wind. 

Ahsoka brought her knees to her chest, her arms wrapping around them as she slightly rocked back and forth, shivering every now and then. She would've gone to sleep, but the biting cold kept hitting her cheek, causing her to startle awake. She checked her comm to see that it was 0514, meaning she had about forty-six minutes left of watch duty.

Only fourteen minutes had passed.

She sighed, and looked out into the starless night, listening to the hoot of unseen birds in the trees. Her lekku twitched from the occasional breeze, and her mind was starting to wander in boredom. After several seconds, she moved her legs until they were crossed in front of her, her fingers resting on her knees.

She closed her eyes, letting the Force flow through her as she sunk into it. She felt the dim lights of the troopers—they seemed lighter, clearly relaxed as they slept undisturbed. She ventured towards Anakin's bright signature to find him also asleep, his supernova of a presence muted with slumber.

After the inspection, Ahsoka opened her eyes, calmer than before. She stretched her arms over her head, her back cracking as she exhaled. As she rubbed her eyes, she checked her comm to see that it was 0515.

She had only meditated for a minute.

She huffed, sluggishly rubbing her eyes, as she tried to blink out the drowsiness.

"You can go to sleep now. I'll keep watch."

Ahsoka was startled to see her Grandmaster appearing out of nowhere and standing beside her sitting form. She quickly got up, alertness running through her. Obi-Wan chuckled.

"Master, it's not your turn yet!" Ahsoka whispered, making sure not to wake the soldiers up. "I have forty-five more minutes."

"Forty-four now," Obi-Wan answered, giving her a gentle smile as he checked his comm.

"Still!" Ahsoka insisted. "I haven't even done watch duty for half an hour!"

"Then why don't you join me?"

Ahsoka blinked. Obi-Wan moved to sit next to her, heat radiating off of his wrapped form. He was wearing a robe, comfortable from the looks of it, and here she was, with only her battle outfit and her lightsaber. 

She slowly sat back down beside him, keeping a respectful distance away. She had just become Anakin's Padawan a few months ago, and she still wasn't sure how to act around Obi-Wan Kenobi, the famed Negotiator with a silver tongue. After a moment, she shivered, making sure to be as subtle as possible. 

It didn't escape Obi-Wan's line of sight as he turned his head to her, his concern looking all too clear. "Aren't you cold, dear?"

Ahsoka shook her head, but Obi-Wan raised his brow as his eyes met her trembling hands.

She wasn't sure what to answer. If she lied, he would immediately know and that wouldn't get her a good reputation. So she nodded slightly, finding that her neck was stiff.

Obi-Wan immediately opened the loose robe that was covering him, inviting her to his warmth. One second passed in silence before she scrambled, gluing herself to his side. As he covered both himself and Ahsoka, the togruta shifted even deeper. Then, a low rumble.

Obi-Wan's eyebrows shot to his hairline as he looked at his Grandpadawan. His Grandpadawan, who was making a sound similar to a tooka.

Ahsoka immediately stilled, looking nervous as she slowly turned to look at Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan shook himself and nodded slowly in wondering.

"Master? Did I do something wrong?" Ahsoka bit out. She seemed prepared to bolt, but he just patted her back, soothing her worries.

"No, no, no, I just didn't think that you would do that," Obi-Wan murmured. 

"Do what?" Ahsoka asked tentatively.

"That noise."

"...Purring?"

"Yes," he chuckled. He missed the tookas at the Jedi Temple.

"Is it bad?"

"Not at all. You just remind me of a loth-cat. All you need is a hood to cover your montrals, some claws, a tail, and you'll be a perfect tooka."

Ahsoka giggled, snuggling closer to his side. He slowly wrapped an arm around her shoulder, and they sat in comfortable silence. There were several moments where Ahsoka's signature was slowly drifting into a nap only for her to wake up. 

It was clear she was trying to stay awake after it happened three more times, but Obi-Wan understood. It was hard when you were surrounded by the warmth and safety radiating from people you know and like.

Obi-Wan checked his comm. 0557. Ahsoka's watch duty was essentially finished, and now she could sleep. Ahsoka's eyes opened again, blearily turning her head to look at him in question. Before she could say anything, he spoke.

"Sleep."

She nodded. However, instead of going to her sleeping mat, she stayed in her position, her arms wrapped around his waist. He stared at the sleeping girl and smiled softly.

Seems like getting Anakin a Padawan was good after all.

The Clone Wars: One-Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें