Distractions

Tumblr prompt: "I didn't want you to see me like this" with Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, and Obi-Wan Kenobi
Requested by a-sketchy-jedi

Ahsoka woke up with a startle as a cold wave pulsed through her head, the icy feeling causing her to instinctively raise her mental shields in defense. She immediately jumped out of bed, tossing her blankets aside as she jogged to her master's bedroom to find that he was already awake in the living space, visible confusion glazed in his eyes as he scanned her up and down.

"Snips? Was that you?"

"I thought it was you," she replied, her bro markings pinching as she heard that her suspicions were confirmed wrong. Anakin's eyes widened.

"If it's not you, then that means-"

Another wave crashed into their minds, the emotions much more magnified. Ahsoka could identify primary emotions such as fear and sadness, but also more complex ones, like anguish and an unidentifiable feeling. It felt like...longing? 

She held a hand to her head, massaging her temple from the small headache forming behind her eyes.

Ahsoka attempted to track the jumble of mixed feelings and found it coming from the seedling of a bond she shared with her grandmaster. She was about to say something and as she opened her mouth, Anakin was already out the door, running across to the opposite wall in the hall where Obi-Wan resided, knocking urgently.

No one answered it, and as Ahsoka walked to Anakin's right, she could see the obvious worry creased on his face.

"Why is he not responding?" He muttered, pacing in his spot.

"What was that?" Ahsoka timidly questioned, having been the one to never felt such insecure emotions from anyone else (except herself, but she pushed that thought away). Anakin stopped in his tracks, looking at the wall in front of him. She could already imagine the gears wheeling in his head, and he turned towards her, a grim look on his face as if he was remembering a bad memory.

"You'll find out soon enough."

He made a grab for the knob, the door stubbornly staying shut as he twisted it aggressively, pushing it harshly. He then paused, sighing and reaching into his back pocket, pulling out something shiny.

"Spare key. Almost forgot about it," Anakin added as he held it up, showing her the golden bronze.

He inserted it into the lock of the door and it immediately opened, the two of them stepping inside. She could sense that her grandmaster was still sleeping, shields tightly closed shut, and she could feel Anakin's worry from beside her.

She quickly looked around the room, spotting a small succulent sitting by the open window, all lights turned off as moonlight shone through the room. Ahsoka followed her master in what appeared to be Obi-Wan's bedroom, and she paused as Anakin silently opened the door.

"Obi-Wan?"

Anakin's whisper sounded loud in the silence, and she pursed her lips as she tried to see her grandmaster, her eyes adjusting to the dark from the closed curtains. She then gasped as she finally adapted, and Anakin immediately turned on the light switch.

Obi-Wan was laying on the floor, his eyes closed as he was curled up in a ball, shivering nonstop.

"No...come back..."

Ahsoka eye's widened in horror, frozen in her spot, but Anakin immediately rushed to his master's side, shaking his shoulder.

"Obi-Wan, wake up, it's just a dream, it's just a dream!"

Ahsoka knelt on his other side, looking at her grandmaster's face in concern as she tried to smooth out the furrows on his face. She felt something wet on her fingers and brought it to her line of sight, examining to see what it was. It was a teardrop, and more flowed down from Obi-Wan's closed eyes as he kept muttering, grasping Anakin's hand in a death grip as if it was the only thing keeping him from toppling to instability. His eyes opened blearily, fear fogging up as he stared at Ahsoka, seeing yet unseeing. She immediately took his other hand and he accepted it, holding it tightly.