with the taste of your poison paradise: prologue

Summary: Ahsoka is no Sith. She's a different kind of darkness.
Song title credit: Cover of Toxic by 2WEI Cover

A/N: i've had this wip in my folder for a very long time ever since @sumerianempire sent in a songbird ask, so here we are! i think the song will fit more in the second chapter, but hold on for what i hope is a ride. anyways, enjoy!

Stars scatter across the dimensions of the galaxy, each one twinkling with different spectrums. Multiple burst into flame and some halt to freeze forever. Deaths of systems extinguish rapidly with new ones growing into place, the circle of life at its finest.

That part of the galaxy contains life. It is light. A light that paves the way for those who look up to the night sky in search of hopes and dreams. People would look up, point at a certain glimmer in the sky, and smile.

However, in the edge of space, not a single spark is found. The only thing that remains is eternal darkness.

It is whispered amongst civilization about the legends of the gods. The Force reincarnates, three deities becoming each aspect of light, dark, and balance.

But only a few people whisper the fourth god's name. Children shiver and curl up in their blankets as they hear her name uttered, in fear of being stolen away.

Her name may carry fear, but the goddess herself is much more than that.

--

The Mother watched carefully as she gazed over millions of planets. She was the all-seeing, the all-knowing, and though her children have imprisoned her, she knew she would rise.

Their deaths had weakened her chains every passing second, and she anticipated the moment they finally broke. She had waited long enough, and now, the chains needed one last push.

She would need help from someone powerful enough to free her prison. She would need someone who could cause much damage to the Force to finally give her back her freedom and reign.

And so, she reached.

The Mother scoured through the seams of space and time for someone worthy of a glimpse of her power. For someone who was more than above average. And maybe she was also searching for someone who was unstable because it was always more fun that way.

She searched long and wife, her claws stretching far fo a target until—

There she was. Her. Yes, she would be a fine vessel indeed.

The girl had orange skin with winged shaped markings, her blue and white lekku hidden under a dark cloak through the cover of night. She strode through the streets quickly, her hard glinted eyes scanning the horizon for danger.

Abeloth could sense the power she held, hints of her Daughter's light embedded within the togruta. And yet, she could also sense a fragment of her Son's poison intertwined.

If the togruta could wield the power she had inside her...the goddess would be impressed. Something was whispering to her that this was the person she was looking for.

A worthy...champion, per se.

Abeloth took note of the girl's inner conflict. The massacre of the light had let the dark feast, and with everyone the togruta loved laying dead, it would be easy to convince the poor girl to join her. Maybe the girl didn't even need convincing. All it would take is a little misstep and she would spiral down a hole she couldn't climb out of.

The goddess searched deeper. The girl's identity was protected by foggy shields and she easily slipped through the crack, black venom seeping in and crooning to the darkness within her.

The togruta's eyes flashed gold as she did so, and the Mother smiled a grin too wide filled with too many teeth.

She was what Abeloth needed all along. She was going to be her champion.

And her name was Ahsoka Tano.