Chapter 28: Divulgence

IT WAS already past midnight, yet the tensioned people in the Palace of Fatum were fully awake as if preparing for something. Like a very big war, not an actual war, but a grievous battle of life and death inside the aesthetic halls of Fatum palace.

A chevalier; the man of Feline house walked past an open room, but before he could traipsed the way after the door, he stopped. He noticed something, and so he immediately went back to check it. His eyes widened with what he saw, a man in a mask and cape came running after the highest Chevalier of the palace.

The highest Chevalier was too weak and tired to stop the attack of the mysterious man, so he was unable to dodge and fight further. And in a harsh blink of dishevelment, he fell down on the surface lifeless.

The man in the cape suddenly blinked in shock when he realized someone just witnessed his murder. But since he was stronger and faster enough than anyone else, he managed to capture the Feline man who just tried his best to run away.

The Feline Chevalier got caught and was tortured. He was accused in murder and therefore was sentenced to death, but then he was proven not guilty. Whereas he was spared, he lost his job and everything except for his family. He was secretly tortured all his life at the palace.

So he decided to run away, to stay away from the palace. The place where justice is being discussed but not executed properly.

...

THE SUN was setting fine, but the small Feline family couldn't be more hasty of leaving the nearest town from the Palace, Mileage.

They were packing everything, and the innocent girl from behind doesn't have any clue of why they were leaving. All she know is that, her father got fired and so they need to transfer at Heimdall for a new life at peace. They couldn't live at Mileage in sereneness anymore, and the innocent girl seemed not to care.

She's clueless.

"Ang espada, Nonie?"

"Naririto. Anak, mauna ka na sa karwahe."

Sa gitna ng pagiging abala ng kaniyang mga magulang ay maigi namang sumunod ang batang babae. Hindi niya inaasahang haharangin siya ng isa pang batang tulad niya na halos maghapon niyang kalaro.

"Isaiah..." Malungkot niyang bati sa batang lalaki.

"Aalis kayo?" Tanong nito habang sinasamahan siyang makarating sa karwahe.

"Lilipat kami sa Heimdall, Isaiah."

"Iiwan mo ako? Diba sabi mo walang iwanan! G--gagawin ko ang lahat para sa'yo, 'wag mo 'kong iiwan!"

"Magkikita pa naman tayo, Isaiah."

"Iiwan mo ako." Malungkot nitong saad at pinigilan ang mga kamay niya. "'Wag! Maglalaro pa tayo."

Umiling-iling ang batang babae. "Kailangan daw naming umalis, Isaiah."

Walang nagawa ang batang lalaki kundi ang hayaan ang batang babaeng pumasok sa karwahe. Hanggang sa tuluyan na silang umalis nang makumpleto na sila sa karwahe.

It was actually just a normal port forth leaves, aside from watching both of the children cry in sadness because they'll be separated. There would be no problem.

But the little girl was curious. She don't understand why his father got fired. She had been to the palace once, and that was the first and last time she had been there. She even forgot what she did their, like she was totally clueless. All she know was she had been there, no memories of the scenes, and whatever circumstance happened there. How could it be? She thought everything was going fine, until the day of leaving Mileage came. They needed to leave to have a new life at Heimdall.