Chapter 12: The Train

At last, after a very tiring ride we have reached the Mileage. I finally saw the train station, and everyone was hastily moving, running, doing their bests to get to the train. Walang humihinto sa pagtakbo, ang iba'y nag-ibang anyo na at walang ingat na tumatalon papasok sa tren na nagsisimula nang umandar.

Marami na ang nagkalat sa lupa dahil hindi inabot ang tren, ngunit walang sumusuko. Sa kabila ng sakit ng kanilang pagkahulog ay muli silang bumabangon at iniinda ang sakit upang marating ang tren na tila walang pakialam sa amin at patuloy lamang sa pagragasa. Shit! It's 30 minutes already.

"Holy cow!" I yelled when the train started moving. "What the hell! We just reached Mileage and the train is gone-- damn!"

Salathiel moved faster to reach the moving train. Nakaramdam tuloy ako ng hiya, nadamay pa si Salathiel, napagod pa siya at ngayon ay nakasalalay pa sa kaniya ang pagkakataon ko para makapasok sa tren na iyon. We reached the train station, but the train was not there anymore. It was moving fast, seemed to be hasty, running away from the people chasing it. Running away from us who's trying to chase it in able to survive from the first test.

"Argh!" I pealed and held my stuffs tight such as my sword and cape. "Listen, bobcat. I'm going to jump once we reach 5 meter distance away from the train."

Salathiel was trying hard to reach me, he's confused of what to do but he did reached me and we talked using our minds which is very new to me.

"Seriously? Tatalunin mo ang ganoon kalayong distansya? Kaya mo ba?" Hindi makapaniwala niyang tanong.

Napairap ako, "the question is, can you reach the train?"

With all my strength, I gripped him tight. He just started running faster than his usual fast run, and I became totally shocked and speechless when I realized we were almost behind the hasty train.

"The question is, can you do it?" He asked. Salathiel reached me. I furrowed and glared sharp daggers on the train, I gripped Salathiel's fur and started positioning myself for a very high jump.

"I'm doing it whatever it takes. I'm doing it before I decide to be scared." I replied and started freeing my limbs so that I could extend well. "Gagawin ko na muna ito bago ako magde-decide kung dapat ba akong matakot."

"Well then, I'm rooting for your success." Maging sa isip ay hinihingal na rin si Salathiel.

I just smiled, "I will, thank you."

Tinantya ko ang layo namin, nararamdaman ko na rin ang panghihina ni Salathiel. Kaya naman mas lalo akong nagpursige, kinakailangan ko nang makatalon papunta sa tren bago pa maubos ang lakas ng sasakyan ko. Salathiel did his very best, and I promise to make it up to him once I'm done with this survival.

"Hang in there, I promise to treat you whatever you want after this freaking mayhem, alright?" I said.

Salathiel let out a small roar. Looks like he just agreed with me. And for another time, he raised his speed so that I could do my plans. I can hear Salathiel's breath, meaning he's tired and having a hard time already. I tried my best to place myself the most comfortable position to set so that I could jump properly.

My eyes became sharper, I calculated the distance between us and the train. Everyone seemed to be exhausted already because they've been down on the road and have no plans to reach the train because of maceration. But Salathiel isn't that type of guy who easily stops when he's not done yet, and I'm so lucky I got the chance to grab his offer.