Under The Fireworks

Put your seatbelts on, it's going to be a long bumpy ride
👉vote👈

Tw- tiny mention of eating disorder

Karl and Sapnap turned to walk away, with Karl shooting a glance at Bad to let him know it was his turn.

Skeppy grabbed Bads hand and led him over to where Dream was standing while George bought candyfloss from a stand nearby. The couple tapped the blonde on the shoulder and he quickly spun round to face them, a slight hint of pink on his cheeks from where he had been watching George.

"Umm what do you want", he rubbed the back of his neck still trying to watch George.

"Oh I just wanted to ask you to give this to George", Bad smirked and squeezed Skeppys hand.

"What is it?"

"You'll see", Bad handed Dream a small black box that felt slightly cold to touch where he had been exposed to the humid Florida air.

The blonde tucked the box into his hoodie pocket and smiled at Skeppy before turning to look at George again, rubbing his fingers together nervously for no reason.

"Hey guys come over here", Tommy jumped up and down holding one too many sticks of candyfloss.

Dream was too focused on walking over to George to realise that the rest of the group had disappeared from sight, which was, unbeknownst to him, exactly what had been planned.

"Hey", he tapped the small brunette on the shoulder.

"Hi", the shorter spun round holding two sticks of candyfloss, one of which he handed to Dream, "where are the others?"

Dream quickly spun round in a circle, unable to see their friends in amongst the crowd of people waiting for the firework show to begin.

"I actually have no idea, oh well the shows going to start soon so we should probably find a spot to stand"

He grabbed George's hand and pulled him to an empty spot, trying to force the butterflies he felt to take control and suppress any other emotions.

Once the crowd settled down slightly and everyone stopped moving, Dream reached into his hoodie pocket and pulled out the black box, handing it to George.

"Here, I-I was told to give you this", he awkwardly rubbed his hands together again as George took the small box.

Opening it slowly, George's eyes widened at what was inside. He pulled out a small pair of glasses that were tinted red on the lens and had black rims, they were what he had procrastinated buying for years, enchroma glasses.

"How did you?", George couldn't finish his sentence.

"Bad told me to give them to you, I know what they are by the way so it's cool of him to get them for you"

George looked Dream in the eyes for a moment before glancing back down at the glasses in his hand.

"But he told you to give them to me, why's that Dream?"

"W-who knows?", Dream shrugged his shoulders, guessing that Sapnap had something to do with it, Sapnap always saw right through him.

"Dream I'm scared", George reached out to brush his pinkie finger against the blondes hand, who in return wrapped his own finger around the olders smaller one.

"Just put them on, it'll be fine", Dream tried to retract his finger, but the fuzzy feeling in his stomach told him to just hold tighter, so he complied.