Chapter 20-Finals 2013

Trevor

Breakfast Club

Jamie- TK is the worst class partner to have during a final.

Jamie- he won't let me cheat off of him.

TK- Jamie WE STUDIED FOR A REASON

Jamie- JUST LET ME CHEAT OFF OF YOU

I am not going to get between them on this one. I'm not above the slight eye peek at someone's test, but damn Jamie, you can't just openly cheat.

However, she's my baby. She can do no wrong.

I look at my final project for ceramics class, and I am honestly impressed with myself. It's a one-foot tall vase with, red finish with streaks of white and pink. Jamie's going to love it.

I aced my math final just now, thanks to TK. Aced meaning a B probably, but last year it was a low C.

This last year I have learned a lot. About myself. About gay people. About homophobes and assholes.

Last summer, I had never met a gay person. Well, an out gay person, I guess cause I had met Ryan. I was a little weirded out when Jamie introduced us on the first day of school, but he was a great guy once I got over it.

"This summer will be great," I think to myself as I carry my vase over to the teacher's grading area.

"Thanks, Trevor," she says. "It's a free period to study. Be productive."

"Nice," I say. I plop down at my usual table and pull out my chemistry notebook and get started reading the notes TK wrote up for me. It's insane how smart he is sometimes.

*********

Sarah

Breakfast Club

Jamie-JUST LET ME CHEAT OFF OF YOU

Me- just don't take French next year. You HATED IT.

Jamie- already done sister.

"Good God. I can't wait for that class to be over," I huff out loud as I sit down at my usual desk.

"What?" Asks Riley Gordon.

"Oh, sorry. My friend's been complaining about French class ALL year. Today's the day she's finally done," I say and put my hair behind my ear. It's a nervous habit when I'm talking to a cute boy.

"Oh. Well, I'm glad you're almost free," he says. "You ready for this one?"

I shake my head, "4 essay questions on books from the year and 40 questions. I'll be rushing for sure."

"Me too, but it's been a fun year getting to complain with you," he says, and he looks at my phone for a second.

"Oh, umm, put your number in here. We can complain all summer too," I say. Hoping it sounds cute. He thankfully laughs and takes my phone. He types in his number and then takes a selfie for the contact Id.

"Hope you like it. I noticed the other week all your contacts have pictures," he says with a grin.

"Oh boy. What a thing to notice," I think to myself, and I just nod.

"Class put your phones away and turn your desks. Remember you have 90 minutes for this test. No cheating. If you read the books and listened in class you'll be fine," says Mrs. Clark.

Joey Donavan groans out a fuck under his breath. That kid didn't read a single page.

"Good luck," says Riley quietly as she hands out the tests.