Chapter 4

The entire population of maids in the mansion was bustling into my room, most likely going off to find one of the fancy dresses I sold. I made a pretty good profit out of it.

"Eh My lady where are all of your dresses?!"

"I sold them," I responded dryly.

"WHAT?!"

"MISS WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO WEAR?"

"Emily take it out. You two prepare simply ruby jewelry. And you two come do my hair," I ordered.

They immediately got to work. Emily was the last to react, striding over the closet she put in the pin and pulled out the dress. Red fabric pooled to the floor elegantly and it sparkled lovely. All the women in the room gawked in wonder.

"Miss, that.. It's beautiful. Where did you get it," one of the maids asked in awe.

"I made it. Now hurry its six. The banquet is at nine and brother wishes to leave at 8," I said nonchalantly.

At the end of a gruesome hour of preparation I stared at myself in mirror in absolute wonder. Despite being a designer I hardly ever tried on my own designs. But I really made this beautiful. The dress fit snuggly around my waist and chest. The skirt dripped down in layers of red making a gorgeous gradient effect. The lacey top made a sort of butterfly effect that balanced out the entire dress. Finally the chiffon train that glittered beautifully in the light. It wasn't just the dress that shined either. The maids, although they probably sort of hate me, made my hair absolutely stunning. My side bang was slightly braided and the back was put in a half up half down style. Red camellias and rubies adorned my magenta hair. Honestly it was Penelope who really rocked this.

"Ah thank you," I said happily as the maids filed out. They stared in shock at me before rushing away. Hey, without them this wouldn't have happened.

"Emily I'll be going now. Lock my room and don't you dare take anything," I warned. I had put my phone into my purse and locked my Ipad away in another safe. Leaving the room, Fennel escorted me to the much more elaborate carriage. Derrick stood waiting in a very sharp suit, it was really well made. He had a cold expression on his face but his number had gone up one percent.

Ignoring the hand that was placed for me and climbed up the carriage and sight near the far window.

"Reynold informed me that you made this dress. And according to the maids you've made profit off of selling your other dresses," Derrick brought up.