Chapter 6

Later Fennol came in informing me that the Duke wanted to talk to me. I was like, 'Shit I just recovered. Does he want me to faint from stress.'

"Hello Father," I greeted curtsying.

"Penelope come here," he said. Moving to his direction I placed myself in front of his desk. "I want you to tell me if the person that harmed you really was the crown prince."

Ah so they did an investigation? Well even if I say yes what the heck can they do? Arrest him? Like that'll work.

"I don't know what there is to tell," I replied, "After falling unconscious I can hardly remember anything other than blonde hair and the man that gave me the handkerchief."

"Blonde hair," the duke mused, "Perfect. For this I shall give you a reward."

Um... what? I almost died and you're praising me? This bitch I swear.

"What, if I may ask Father, is this reward for," I asked carefully. He could totally be scamming me.

"For allowing the Duchy to corner the crown prince," he replied like it was the most obvious thing.

I froze, is this man really treating Penelope like this? Like, like, a tool?! I wanted to yell at this man so badly. Penelope almost died and this bastard thinks he can suddenly corner that ass of a prince? Well SHIT THANKS FOR CARING I GUESS? No don't lash out now, this can be good.

"And what will this reward be," I continued biting my tongue after so I don't mess something up.

"10 million dollars," he replied nonchalantly. Are you serious? How nice it is to be able to give away so much money like that. But fortunately this can help. Since this money is now sorta mine.

"Thank you, Father," I said politely. He then proceeded to hand me the check. I never held this much money in my life T^T, "If that is all I shall be taking my leave now."

Rising, I curtsied politely and left. God that was so stressful.

-----------

A/N: I am so so so so sorry about how late this is. I've had a really stressful life and need to keep my grades up and everything. And terribly sorry that this chapter is so short.